Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I`d spell it out nice and clear in case anyone is thinking of putting Kia mudflaps on their new car. DON`T AS IT`S A WASTE OF MONEY,THEY DON`T WORK AT ALL. Wish I`d found that out before shelling out £74 for them. Kia Customer Services should refund us our cash as they are not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
There have been several posts on this forum covering the matter. It is well known that the KIA mudflaps are decorative intended just to enhance the car's appearance. They are nowhere near big enough to prevent debris being thrown up by the wheels from hitting the car body.

It's such a pity you are a new member and have missed all the previous posts. In future - use the search facility - to reveal matters of interest to you.Edited by: sharon75

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Yes, it has been widely covered in the past. As Alan suggests, please use our search facility for topics by searching key words.

Either way, thanks for your input, thoughts, and advice on the brand mud flaps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
to late bought them lol, got genuine ones with genuine mats for £80 so quite happy , fitted them myself, as long as they keep a bit of dirt off my white car will be happy lol

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
What type of mats did you get, the plush fabric ones or the rubber ones? With regards to the mud flaps, please let us know if they keep any dirt from splashing up the sides of the car, as like it's been said here many times, the majority of people have found them to be pretty useless.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately I only found this site after I`d bought the car otherwise I would have seen the posts and not wasted £148 on 2 sets of these. I bought some (and mats)for the girlfriends car as a present from me.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Well with a present its always the though that counts. And whilst the mudflaps are not very good, the mats are of a decent quality

·
Registered
5 Posts
I realise that this thread is a few years old, but now I've got a Kia Rio I wondered if anyone had found any after market mud flaps that are better than the originals?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I had original equipment mudflaps on my late Cee'd Sportwagon and now on my Hyundai i30. On neither car was there a significant reduction in muck but they do intercept the gravel thrown up,in particular by the front wheels. This must significantly reduce the risk of damage to the sill paintwork, in fact the Cee'd sills were virtually unmarked when I traded it in after four and a half years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realise that this thread is a few years old, but now I've got a Kia Rio I wondered if anyone had found any after market mud flaps that are better than the originals?
Hi there. I know your post is a few years old now but this may help you/ anyone else reading. I Purchased some aftermarket mud flaps from eBay for only £9.49. Tbere loads of people selling pretty much the same product for around the same price, they’re fitted with three self tapping screws per flap. Miles better than the original!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts