Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just to make sure i can claim a full house, my clutch pedal started squeaking yesterday, I thought it was my shoe at first, but definitley the pedal.

Leeds Ringways now have the dash to sort, the HSA not functioningto investigate and the clutch pedal to fix on Monday the 26th.

I really likeMy Rio in general, but this is easilly the worst new car i have ever bought for problems, in this day and age i can not believe that a car can be delivered brand new with such fundamental issues.

On a lighter note, i got my 16GB USB Sandisc Cruzer "Fit" drive this morning it is tiny and holds all the music i need for the car. Will post a pic later, you hardly notice its there. Just need to crack the firmware and stop the light from flashing on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After feeling rather foolish for appearing to confuse a clutch squeek for a steering wheel squeek it seems I have been vindicated! Car went in for the wheel to be done today and the garage has confirmed that there really is a problem with the clutch too and new part is required! Don't ask what though as wife took it in and hasn't a clue! Update to follow.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If it's the clutch thats squeaking, my guess is the slave cylinder and the clip that connects it to the pedal mechanism are at fault and will be replaced.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Defo sounds like something related to the hydrolics in my car, only seems to squeak when a gear is engaged, so would appear to not relate to the actual pedal mech, rather something closer to gearbox that is vibrating through to the pedal.....

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not Yet, its in on the 26th to Leeds Ringways. It hasnt broken down so cant comment on the RAC....

Customer services have been OK under the circumstances, but in my opinion, its unexcusable for the car to have been released with all the problems, the Dash especially, given that it was driven 160 miles to drop it to me. I refuse to beleive that the delivery driver didnt notice the Dash creaking.

Although to be fair to Kia it was delivered by a third Party.

I will update on the 27th when i expect to have a faulty free Rio handed back to me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.