Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO discussion in this thread please. Will be deleted..

As a follow on the Pass or Fail thread.
I want something to point the update site people at. Given all the various issues faced with the various updates. If your is exactly the same as another user, copy and past will do, making sure car/display type is correct.

Can I ask for people to simply post.
Car, year etc
Display type
Software version
Problem with this.

So to start
Kiro Niro HEV 2020
Gen5W

No option to change Speedo to MPH. Only option for KM or Miles is on head unit under Navigation> Units Which is set to miles.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
124 Posts
Car: KIA Carens (MY'17)
Platform: Compact Gen5 Navigation
Software: RP.EUR.SOP.013.17.211027
Firmware: RP.EUR.0.5.430.210930.MICOM
Navigation: STD5L.EUR.KMC.211108.c22f9b6
Maps: EUR.14.47.48.631.101.5
Issues: Speed limits are not displayed correctly. Seems that it works fine for the speed limit zones marked by physical signs on the road - the car is able to properly identify and display the speed limit - that's probably thanks to the front facing camera which is reading the signs I guess. However whenever I'm entering the "default" speed limit zone (which is not marked with a physical sign) it just shows "---" - for example in the city I live in, there's a "default" speed limit of 50 km/h in the whole city except for the roads where physical signs state otherwise. The issue is that after the latest update the car is not able to figure out what's this "default" speed limit and just shows "---" instead of 50 km/h. I didn't have an opportunity to test it on the higher speed limit roads - whenever I can I will update this post here to provide more data.

Reactions: iooi

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
761 Posts
Car: Xceed 2021 (MY20)
Platform: Standard-class Gen5W Navigation
Software: CD_20.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.211117
Maps: EUR.14.47.48.631.401.5
Issues: Speed limits are not displayed correctly - As with others I sometimes have --- instead of a speed in the speed limit icon. It is difficult to see exactly what is going wrong as analysis of a small number of errors is inconclusive.

Map Horizon in 3D mode has changed and the sky now takes 30% of the screen, before it was just 10%

Thought to be bugs but resolved: Fuel prices on map had disappeared but @pcorbridge pointed out that unselecting Nav Settings>Display>Nearby POI>Low fuel warning (similar but slightly different on various cars I think) resolves this. I am 99% certain I had this selected on a previous version and still had fuel prices.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
841 Posts
Car: Kia Sportage 2019 (My18)
Platform: Standard Gen5 Navigation
Software: QL_PE (sorry not got full version to hand but it’s the current November MY18 download from Kia update site)
Maps: EUR.14.47
Issues:
Speed limits are not displayed correctly - shows as (- - -) until speed recognition camera sees a sign then it will correctly change to the speed limit. HOWEVER, this is very brief it seems and reverts back to (- - -) shortly afterwards.
National speed limits are not shown at all so I do not get the 60 or 70mph speed limit (seems camera doesn’t recognise the sign at all now)
GPS clock time - shows as 1 hour in front of correct time. If you check the daylight savings box then time is 2 hours ahead of actual time

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,475 Posts
Stonic 1st Edition - Update labelled Rio_MY17_EU
Update Pass, ~15 min, data retained, some settings returned to default/zero
Type Compact Gen5,
SW YB.EUR.SOP.013.17.211027,
FW YB.EUR.0.5.430.210930.MICOM(CUV)
Nav. App STD5L.EUR.KMC.211108.c22f9b6
Map Ver EUR.14.47.48.631.101.5

Corrected Nav instructions only from Left speaker - now both

Reactions: iooi

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd MY17 GT-Line S
35 Posts
Cee'd MY17 GT-Line S - updated as Compact Gen5, but not entirely convinced this was right, as my model was just before new CEED and I think my unit is Gen5 (not Compact), but I could be wrong.

SW: JD_17MY.EUR.SOP.013.17.211027
Map Ver EUR.14.47.48.631.101.5

I can confirm all issues mentioned already: speed limit on sat nav and dashboard shows some bs or ---, GPS clock time is wrong.

My addition to bugs:

Map 3D view does not stay on, when switching screens to a phone or radio and then back to maps or home view (split screen with map and music or radio) map would display flat heading up north.
I need to go to map and then go back to home to get map in 3D view again.
To add to speed limit info issue - it will pick up a wrong speed limit sign and constantly beep with warning going through speed limit zone.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage 4, 1.6 T-GDI
3 Posts
2020 Kia Sportage Standard Gen5 Nav Unit

SW: QL_PE.EUR.SOP.012.18.211029.STD_M

Issues: Speed limits displaying as --- unless the camera detects a sign. However it cannot recognise the UK National speed limit sign. The clock is also 1 hour ahead if 'GPS' time is enabled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts