Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1501 - 1516 of 1516 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is anyone else getting naff info for fuel prices?

My Caren’s satnav software is set for diesel prices at the pump near me and noticed two forecourts keep coming up with unbelievable cheap prices for diesel.

Diesel around here at the moment is about 172p per litre and was passing one of the two forecourts yesterday so I checked out the prices with it being 164p per litre and the actual price was 177p per litre.

Pressing the information button in the satnav (5 GEN compact) I noticed the price being displayed was for diesel plus and not regular diesel and yet this forecourt does not sale the plus diesel anyway.

Today I’ve noticed another forecourt (3 forecourts and counting) in the satnav showing diesel plus at a much reduced rate and therefore buggering up the usefulness of this information so is this some sort of way of getting there forecourts into the number one position when the truth is there more expensive than the next garage down the road who’s not even showing in the satnav because there showing the correct price in the satnav.

There is no diesel, plus or otherwise at the reduced rates.

I wouldn't think this is a software bug but more of dis-information being fed into the system by a few chancers.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
On the Petrol Prices web site and app there are similar anomalies, which suggests it is the way that the data is collected that is the issue. We have an unmanned, pay at the pump forecourt at our local Asda and Petrol Prices and the TomTom live data always show an old price.
As I understand most of the data is collected from fuel card transactions and crowdsource data. I could be wrong, but the pay at the pump type stations tend not to attract fuel card transactions, and unless the crowdsource people are inputting frequently the data is going to be out.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
761 Posts
Never one to be a pessimist but I have just seen on another post that Kia will be releasing a new update later this month that is expected to solve the reported problems. Not WILL
That's might be because they are not sure they know what all the problems are and they don't seem to be able to test their new software before unleashing it on their unsuspecting owners 🤣

It will be very interesting to see what they give us this time, I await in 'expectation'

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
474 Posts
I know it's no big deal to Kia and it is probably trivial to many, but if this next update doesn't allow me to turn my speed sign recognition on and work alongside the sat Nav in harmony then I'll probably be put off Kia for my next car. Really don't want to wait another 6 months to see if they bother to fix in that update. Here's hoping though.

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
761 Posts
With an update being imminent (no I don't have any inside information calm down 🤣 ) and being conscious of the fiasco Kia got us all into with the November release, it might be prudent for Gen5W owners to keep a hard copy of the current update files just incase the new one introduces further bugs. I say this because although Kia tell us there is no way back it is actually possible provided you have a full set of update files for a known working version. How desirable it is to regress is another matter entirely but by keeping these current update files at least the opportunity exists 😉

·
Registered
Sportage MY17 GTLS
34 Posts
Update - I've just been online again with a friendly guy at KCS and this is his latest:

"Our engineers are targeting to launch this update within this month........
Our engineers is putting their final touches in the Testing Phase right now they are about to launch it officially
we are sorry for delaying, put this to make sure that we launch an update OUR CUSTOMERS will like".

Thinking positively - I'm hoping that all the extra time taken is to avoid the earlier and any new potential mishaps and that they are genuinely motivated to give us something we will like.

As has already been said much of it will be down to how much they noted from before. :)

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
474 Posts
Seems to be quite a few cars in the update list now with April 22 updates including a MY22 picanto. Anyone took the plunge ? Seen any issues?

Reactions: macgd016

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
WOW. They have finally updated some (not all) MY22 new files to 29-04-22. Not bad Kia only taken a couple of weeks. From release date to update the customer they are available :whistle: 🤪🤣

1501 - 1516 of 1516 Posts