Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1361 - 1380 of 1632 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
586 Posts
@fenegroni I have come to a similar conclusion. There are stretches of road where the camera clearly has priority and reads temporary speed limits signs etc. Then there are stretches where the information from the camera is overridden. On one stretch of road I travel frequently the units correctly display the change from 30 to 60mph, but within a second that is changed to 50. That happens every time. Then there are other stretches of road when it suddenly changes to 3 dashes (lost the speed limit data?) and then random things start happening like 30 mph being displayed as 48kph, again, always in the same places.
I guess that’s where our systems differ: I don’t see it ever changing to a reading in KPH (although it did pick up a 100 limit from a lorry once) and I never see - - - except for when first setting off, and even that is pretty random.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
876 Posts
Mine reads speed signs, except national speed limit correctly.
Transfers the info to the satnav but then times out if it doesn't see another sign and displays (---).
If I'm on a road with lots of speed signs then the correct speed is displayed constantly.
The NSL is never displayed correctly.
Yes same for me. However. What i did notice is that in the car park at my work there are speed signs. When I’m the car park, the sat nav doesn’t actually give a speed limit as appears it’s not loaded into the maps (which makes sense as on private land). If I have the speed sign recognition on then it correctly picks up the 15mph sign and this now stays on without reverting back to - - -

so I think that again proves that the camera and map data is conflicting with each other as when no speed limit is held by the map data, the car correctly uses the data given by the camera.
when on any other road, camera picks up the sign but then appears the stored map data overrides this but instead of just showing a speed limit it shows - - -

·
Registered
2019 Ceed first edition
517 Posts
Another thing I keep meaning to post. I'm on a standard 5 unit, but the latest update to that they could do with moving speed/red light camera icon as it sits behind the speed limit sign and if nothing else looks stupid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm fed up with the upgrade - amongst other things: missing speed limits, radio station favourites in alphabetical order rather than my preferred order, and the climate control system doesn't always respond (especially when Android Auto is running).

Has anyone managed to go back to the previous version? I took a backup of the SD card before upgrading, so I wonder if I can just copy that back and run the upgrade process again. Anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks
Dave

Kia Sportage 2019 MY18

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'm fed up with the upgrade - amongst other things: missing speed limits, radio station favourites in alphabetical order rather than my preferred order, and the climate control system doesn't always respond (especially when Android Auto is running).

Has anyone managed to go back to the previous version? I took a backup of the SD card before upgrading, so I wonder if I can just copy that back and run the upgrade process again. Anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks
Dave

Kia Sportage 2019 MY18
Kia state that it isn’t possible to revert back to an earlier version. Not heard of the Climate Control problem before, have you reported it back to the Update Help Desk?

·
Super Moderator
9,979 Posts
the climate control system doesn't always respond (especially when Android Auto is running).

Kia Sportage 2019 MY18
Odd. Which display do you have in the car. As only aware that the 10.2 & 12 screens actually display anything to do with climate control. Even then on my 10.2 it only shows info & no actual control of function.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Odd. Which display do you have in the car. As only aware that the 10.2 & 12 screens actually display anything to do with climate control. Even then on my 10.2 it only shows info & no actual control of function.
Yes there is no control of the climate control from the touchscreen, but when I rotate the temperature knob I rarely get the pop-up climate display showing what I've changed it to, and when I don't get the pop-up I don't seem to get any warmer.

·
Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
274 Posts
My 17 plate Sportage displays a screen but I've always had to go through the menu to see it.
Rotating the temp knob just shows alterations at top of the screen for a few seconds.
Automotive design Vehicle Plant Gadget Personal luxury car

Reactions: iooi

·
Registered
141 Posts
New update 220211 available for Gen5W

·
Super Moderator
9,979 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage MY17 GTLS
41 Posts
Hi. I've not been on the forum for some time and then of course I come back when things go wrong .....:oops:

Anyway, I've fallen foul of the Navigation Updater with my Sportage MY17 Compact Gen 5 update and I'm finding similar issues with the Speed limits, delayed turning instructions and no traffic detour options. I also find the lack of the Speed Camera icon being displayed when I link to my iphone 'Personal Hotspot' annoying as I don't know if I'm connected until the route itself changes colour later.

In fairness there are some good new features including more accurate searching.

I've just been on Live Chat with Kia/Hyundai and they asked for a screenshot of my General Settings followed by:

"now I can see that there is no new update for the sportage MY 17
KIA NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications
the new update will be released within few days , which is the november update
so , we request your patience and understanding about this"

I then asked for confirmation that this should address the issues with Compact Gen 5:

"expected , yes , and we are very sorry if you still are encountering the speed limit sign issue , however we are aware of it and our engineers in Korea are working to fix this as soon as possible
hope in the new update as expected"

So I hope this helps and it's fingers crossed....

Post moved by iooi as not in relation to Feb update thread.

·
Registered
665 Posts
According to the Kia customer support forum the vehicle "MY" year can be found by looking up the 10th digit of the VIN number.
On my daughter's 67 reg Picanto 3 the 10th digit is "J" and according the chart shown on their page this makes it an "MY18". Guess what.? The Navigation updates for the Picanto do not show an "MY18" model, the nearest is "MY19". Is this the one that should be used?
I wonder what else is wrong.

·
Super Moderator
9,979 Posts
According to the Kia customer support forum the vehicle "MY" year can be found by looking up the 10th digit of the VIN number.
On my daughter's 67 reg Picanto 3 the 10th digit is "J" and according the chart shown on their page this makes it an "MY18". Guess what.? The Navigation updates for the Picanto do not show an "MY18" model, the nearest is "MY19". Is this the one that should be used?
I wonder what else is wrong.
You are far better off entering either "Model name or Navigation version" into box to get the correct software.
As software updates are based on the type of head unit.
If you click on the My19 & MY11 update it shows different head units.

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
468 Posts
The one for the Ceed 22 (PE whatever that means, correct for the software version for standard Gen5W) is 37GB... New USB stick needed before I can update.
Is there a definitive list of software / nav changes anywhere now? I'm tempted to give it a miss as everything just works as it should at the moment

·
Registered
468 Posts
No list of changes. Sorry to say.
That is what I thought from past reading. I'd rather pushed OTA updates, but at 37gb I can see why they don't! Presumably it includes mapping for every region? Anywho, its on the back burner for now

·
Registered
468 Posts
You would think that Hyundai/Kia wouldn't do that if it weren't necessary. Its likely an expensive process to do so

·
Registered
Kia Sportage GT Line S 2019 (69 plate)
876 Posts
Hi. I've not been on the forum for some time and then of course I come back when things go wrong .....:oops:

Anyway, I've fallen foul of the Navigation Updater with my Sportage MY17 Compact Gen 5 update and I'm finding similar issues with the Speed limits, delayed turning instructions and no traffic detour options. I also find the lack of the Speed Camera icon being displayed when I link to my iphone 'Personal Hotspot' annoying as I don't know if I'm connected until the route itself changes colour later.

In fairness there are some good new features including more accurate searching.

I've just been on Live Chat with Kia/Hyundai and they asked for a screenshot of my General Settings followed by:

"now I can see that there is no new update for the sportage MY 17
KIA NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications
the new update will be released within few days , which is the november update
so , we request your patience and understanding about this"

I then asked for confirmation that this should address the issues with Compact Gen 5:

"expected , yes , and we are very sorry if you still are encountering the speed limit sign issue , however we are aware of it and our engineers in Korea are working to fix this as soon as possible
hope in the new update as expected"

So I hope this helps and it's fingers crossed....

I have exactly the same issues as you on the MY18 software (standard Gen 5).
it’s been very frustrating. I updated as soon as the update was live on the website back in November but wish I didn’t now.

I too miss the speed camera + button as you could tell straight away if it was connected to live data then but to be fair with latest update, the fact that it ignores the live data anyway means it’s sort of useless at moment lol.

ok so you’ve been told an update is coming soon for these units?
a couple of people have been told April will be the update date for the compact/standard Gen 5. So seems again that no one really knows what’s actually happening with release of a fix.

also I assume our updates won’t be over 32gb as the system uses SD card and I’m sure I read somewhere that 64gb cards didn’t work properly (but could be mistaken)

1361 - 1380 of 1632 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.