Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

anyone got any experience of applying Diamondbrite? I know its supposed to be for the trade only to apply, but dealers usually charge from about £250 to apply what can be bought as a kit on eBay for £25, and looking at the instructions, it seems simple enough. The main point I am not sure of is what state the paintwork should be in to start with. There is bound to be existing polish and the like on it from new, so what prep is needed? I suspect none other than washing, but can anyone confirm.

Thanks

Bob

PS I had "G3" on both my Vengas and it seems to begood. I was charged £700 for the 1st one, but got the 2nd one thrown in as part of the deal.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've never heard of this product but I used to do supergard as a young boy for Audi super guard was inspect car for contaminates if there is remove etc then was with acid free Wash then dry with mirofiber apply wax which was yellow similar thickness to pva glue and very sticky wipe over car allow to dry about 20 minutes and buff off with lint free cloths then do alloys with spray polish and jobs done :)

G3 seems a bit course I would use g6 maximum on a car IMO

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dano,

Sorry! I wasn't specific enough. "G3" is the trade name of a 3rd generation glasscoat sealant system marketed by G3 PSE Ltd and used by my local Kia dealership. I have not seen it on eBay.

Diamondbrite is fairly common and I have had it applied to a new Ford at a main dealer, a friend has recently had it applied to a new Honda by a main agent and it is offered by a local Toyota main dealer.

If I change my car, I would like to try Diamondbrite, marketed by Jewelultra Ltd. They wont give out info on application to members of the public because it is for "trade only" application. It is the work of an hour to apply the stuff and dealers charge upwards of £250, so there is a thriving DIY market for the kits which go for about £20 on eBay. The instructions on the packaging are quite straightforward except they do not deal with the initial state of the car. Old cars would need to be cut back with a clay or Tcut but what of a shiney new car? Just a wash over?

Bob

·
Registered
543 Posts
It's ok it was me I think lol , for a shiny new car I would give it a good wash with walm soapy water and hose off dry off in usual was then feel and inspect the paint work for tree sap and tar if looks nice I would put a coat of nice quality wax on like meguires gold class / NXT wax meguires and then buff off and apply some paint sealant system like the ones you suggested :) I'm a bit ott on my cars I was and wax my car 3 times a week with meguires gold class and supergard my wheels and looks gorgeous .not a kia that car :( but my picanto when arrives from factory will be getting superguarded by my self :) I woud give it a go rather than spending big money out :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Bob
I used Diamondbrite on my Sportage, used a good warm wash and as Dano said check around paint work for any tar marks etc.

Get yourself a big Jumbo Sponge and cut it in half to apply the 2 chemicals, put it on in straight lines, don't do it in circals as you will get a swirling affect afterwards!!!

Also try to keep it off any plastic bits as its a bu*(**er to get off.

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the valet industry and have found diamond bright to be one of the best, just apply as per bottle instructions.

If you get it on the black trims use a good glass cleaner ( mr muscle ) or something like that to remove it.

I find if you just use the stage 2 a couple of times a year it makes a big difference to shine.

Oh and apply with a damp sponge or cloth that way it doesn't go on too thick...it's a bugger to get off.

Tim

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Guys, I see there hasn't been any recent discussions on here regards to Diamindbright, I take delivery of my new Sportage (white) tomorrow & have purchased the DB Forever Premium Plus kit at a bargain price from somebody in the trade & plan on getting the lad to do the graft for me whilst I keep a careful eye.<div style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal;">This Kit contains:
<div style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal;"><ul>[*]125ml Diamondbrite Forever Stage 1 Pre-Glaze[*]125ml Diamondbrite Forever Stage 2 Paint Polish Protection Glaze[*]500ml Diamondbrite Fabric and Carpet Protection Aerosol Spray[*]100ml Diamondbrite Bird Lime Remover[*]100ml Diamondbrite Rainscreen[*]250ml Diamondbrite Shampoo[*]250ml Diamondbrite Conserver[*]500ml Diamondbrite Aerosol Upholstery Cleaner[*]500ml Diamondbrite Alloy Wheel Cleaner[*]500ml Diamondbrite Spirit Glass Cleaner[*]500ml Diamondbrite Screenwash[*]500ml Diamondbrite Waterless Wash and Wax[*]3 Spray Tirggers[*]Diamondbrite Micro Fibre Cloth[*]Diamondbrite Jumbo Sponge[/list]
<div style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; line-height: normal;">I know a lot of the products are available in smaller kits or separately so if anybody has any tips that were not mentioned previously then please let me know. Also what are your thoughts on using a polishing mop attached to a cordless drill for buffing? cheers Nigel

·
Registered
612 Posts
kiawannabe said:
Also what are your thoughts on using a polishing mop attached to a cordless drill for buffing? cheers Nigel
The actions of a total bodger! You can't hold it correctly to apply pressure the right way. Buy a proper DA polisher and practice on a old, scrap panel first or you'll burn through paint or induce swirl marks you can't remove.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Don't go anywhere near your car with this drill and mop. You'll kill your paintwork. There are lots of products better than diamond bright. Search on the forum

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Nowt wrong with good old-fashioned elbow grease. It'll keep you warm while you do whatever you're going to do and it builds rippling muscles too..... 'ª'ª'ª

1 - 14 of 14 Posts