Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice recently when collecting shopping at Sainsburys I have found ’mileage’ has reset to kilometres. Easily reset but wonder if anyone else has experienced this? Could it be some sort of electrical interferenc. Possibly something to do with the delivery vehicle?
It is a late 2020 petrol dct level 3.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
553 Posts
May be trying shopping at another supermarket, see if the same thing happens? ;)

I can't think that it is interference, something seriously wrong there if it is. Is it all the mileage that reverts to km, trip and odometer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes all reset to km. It does not zero mileage totals. This has only happened twice in the year we have been clicking and collecting. The driver uses a handheld device like a smart phone and I wonder if the van acts as a wi-fi hub?

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
553 Posts
That is really strange. I wouldn't have thought any wireless device could somehow gain access to a setting like that, but nowadays with 'connected' cars, who knows...

At least whatever it is, it is not resetting your mileage. Perhaps next time you click-and-collect, put the car in a different state as they approach, as in, put the power to ACC, or start the engine. See if that makes a difference. Other than that, I think you'll need to mention it to the dealer next time you go for a service; they will likely be updating your software anyway and it might go away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts