Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
165 Posts
My opinion is that the EV cars are only viable if you can charge them at home and not rely on public chargers...the situation may well improve with either move chargers or cars with more range and until it does, I for one am not interested.
That may be true for most EV’s but the Tesla supercharger network means that you can run a Tesla EV without home charging much easier than other EV’s.
Quite a few none Tesla EV drivers do manage to run their cars without home charging - it is so much easier if you can charge at home though.
About the only chance you have to manage without home charging, is if you live in London, just take a look on Zap Map and scroll around to any major city (outside of Londinium) and see how poor the state of 'Public' charging is, its also a great way to see the North/South divide in action :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
165 Posts
Oh and of cause reduce the cost of of new EVs. I say new because I can't imaging a very big second hand market due to the fact of the life time of the batteries. In fact I can see the increase of second hand ICE cars for many years after the ban on new ones.
This is one of the big issues that no-one seems to be talking about, 2nd hand EV's

Arguably, the most envirnomentally car (in terms of carbon footprint), is one that is 40 years old and still going strong, not a brand new BEV with a 5-8 year life span (and i think even that is optimistic)

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
165 Posts
Did you see that bit on the Dispatches program where they had a 9 year old Nissan Leaf it had 80% charge it said it could do 38 miles. In fact they only managed 18 before dropping below 20%.
And don't even condiser a Renault Zoe, recently it went from a 5 star Euro NCAP to Zero stars

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
165 Posts
As i've said before, i'm not against BEV's at all, if it works for you, then great, crack on and buy one

What i am against, is everyone being forced to take the same option, as the BEV option certainly won't work for a large proportion of the population

And also, the more folk who take up BEV's now, mean more petroleum for the rest of us to enjoy ;) 🏍🚗

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.