Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am the new owner of a '65 plate C'eed . I have looked but cannot find how to lock the car and to disable the alarm. I have a dog and I would like to be able to do this. I also use a ferry regularly and I am asked to do this on the ferry. Can anyone tell me how it is done? TIA

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Why the need to disable it?
It doesn't have interior movement/sensing so as long the doors stay closed it wont go off.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Are you certain about this? My alarm went off when I accidentally locked the car with herself inside.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
My Venga has no interior alarm system (stupid with a huge opening roof, that a thieving kid could climb through), so the dog can stay inside (petrol fill up or cold days only). The Subaru has internal infra red criss crossing the inside, but there is a hidden keypad that can be operated to delete the interior system. Unless it is in the handbook, or someone on here knows the answer, it is a trip to the dealer or refer to Kia Customer Services.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
dave1978 said:
Are you certain about this? My alarm went off when I accidentally locked the car with herself inside.
I am in mine! Dog spends ages inside with no issues. Never gone off on a ferry either. No sign of interior monitoring sensor, nor can I see one in the workshop manual. If there was a sensor inside then there should be a button to disable it - nothing inside mine.

Sure your Mrs didn't try opening the door from the inside whilst it was locked?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I am not certain but I think that if you lock the door with the key, and not the remote button, the alarm doesn't set. I might be wrong but it is worth trying.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Always easy to tell where the sunglasses holder and interior light is you would have two round bits that almost look like ear phone buds set in that's the motion sensors they're in the same place on all cars

1 - 11 of 11 Posts