Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Nearly done 5,000 miles in the FE now (must slow down and use my wife's car more otherwise I'll use my 100,000 miles in no time!) and have a random question...

Does anyone have any tips (like a spray product or wax or something) that can keep wingmirror glass clean? I don't know if it's a design flaw or what, but I've never known a car like this one to attract dirt there (presumably being flicked up from the front wheels?). Last night I drove from Milton Keynes up to Southport and back, and driving on the damp M6 I had to stop and wipe the wingmirrors every 15 minutes. It was almost dangerous not being able to use them clearly.

I tried driving with the heated glass on ("rear demist") but no difference, it just left grime quicker if anything as the droplets evaporated.

Or is it just me?

Cheers - Jules

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree Jules as I have the same diff but it may be due to the huge amount of salt/grit that is on the roads presently so maybe the salt is sticky. It is a nuisance though but may be less of a prob when we get rid of all this cold weather although the forecast predicts more very cold weather

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have you thought about using Rain X.I've used it on my windscreenin the pastand it really does work. Might prevent the [email protected] sticking to the mirrors
There is a review of similar products on the autoexpress web site.

Links always become corrupted on this site so I'velisted it twice.

http://...autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/203940/rain_repellents.html

www . autoexpress . co . uk / products / 203940 / rain_repellents . html (remove the spaces)

Not reallysuffered thedirty wingmirrors but then not doing the long journeys. (I'mblasting up and down the m-ways in my Mini. Wife uses the sportage day-to day)Reversing camera becomes covered within minutes. Could do with a water jet spraying at the same timeI clear the rear screen. (are you listening KIA?)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hi All,
I have used Rain X for years on all my cars and it does make a big difference.

Even a hard frost does not adhere as well as it does on un-treated glass.

But I also agree with jonathan1 that the roads are rather mucky at the moment.

I have mine in the warm under cover at the moment and am going nowhere until this blizzard we have in Germany at the moment blows away!

·
Registered
38 Posts
give this one a try sounds like a old wifes tale ,but it works cut a potato in half and rub it in your glass let the glass dry wipe with a dry cloth ,[email protected] does not stick and water spray rolls off ,thing is it stops working once you heat the mirrors .not sure how it works but some bright spark out there will have some tecky answer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts