Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up the 4 HEV - 6 months waiting list now.

A few annoying diffences to the previous model.

Apart from the inability to simply ask Waze via Android Auto to navigate by hitting the button on the steering wheel and the very poor display of Android which is to the left (away from the driver) with a big wasted space to the right (do these design guys actually drive?!).....

..... Is there any way to get a digital speedometer?

Or are we back to a 90s version which is impossible to see if you are doing 48 or 52 mph

I guess I will get used to the car, but first impressions are not good!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just picked up the 4 HEV - 6 months waiting list now.

A few annoying diffences to the previous model.

Apart from the inability to simply ask Waze via Android Auto to navigate by hitting the button on the steering wheel and the very poor display of Android which is to the left (away from the driver) with a big wasted space to the right (do these design guys actually drive?!).....

Or are we back to a 90s version which is impossible to see if you are doing 48 or 52 mph

I guess I will get used to the car, but first impressions are not good!
If its got the new software which i doubt because dealers do not update at PDI, you can fill the right hand screen of Android auto with a widget of your choice.
Section 4-84 of your manual explains how to access the digital speedo screen

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
What display colour is your head unit?
Black/white Type 1
or Purple (Magenta) Type 2.
If type 2 might need maps updating as once 2021 are installed you get the option to get the below option. (try taping in the far right where the little white arrow is)
Or try going into Android Auto in the settings & see if you have enable split screen which is what gives this option (y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you go into Vehicle settings, Cluster, and change Theme to Theme D, the display shows the digital speedo on the left of the driver's screen. On the themes that are related to drive modes it shows a standard speedo.

Good video here:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all!

These are my versions

I will have a look at the other bits

If my software needs updating can I get it done at any Kia garage?

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
Yes Kia garage will do it, expect £40 charge. Although I would want them to do it FOC given you have only picked up the car.
Updates do not fall under PDI.
Looks like yours is from 30-07-2020 when it will have been installed at factory.

This is mine from this week.

Reactions: isdoo

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

Any way to stop the music playing at when I am reversing or indeed starting to drive. The music and bleeping seems to be coming from the front grill.

II can see a few complaints at 3am!

Seems to be no reference in the manual.

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
I know you can lower the volume in the settings when reversing. Not sure you can do it at other times, other than using the volume knob.

Reactions: isdoo

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know you can lower the volume in the settings when reversing. Not sure you can do it at other times, other than using the volume knob.
Sorry, this is when I have nothing playing in the car. It seems to be extra.

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
If it is like mine there is a mood music option (sounds of nature) Or do you have a USB stick in with music on as they seem to auto start.

Other than that you do get a welcome jingle before the beeps when you start the car. Have not found a way to stop it. But its not that loud.

·
Registered
643 Posts
You can turn off welcome sound in vehicle settings under cluster in car or in the new UVO app

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can turn off welcome sound in vehicle settings under cluster in car or in the new UVO app
Indeed. Which I have.

But there is something playing outside and when I put the car into reverse along with bleeping outside.

Getting a few odd looks!

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
Can you screen shot where in the app?

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
Indeed. Which I have.

But there is something playing outside and when I put the car into reverse along with bleeping outside.

Getting a few odd looks!
Do you have VESS?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Can you screen shot where in the app?
Home page in app
Scroll down to User profile & press
press Vehicle settings
press vehicle settings again
press Cluster
untick welcome sound box

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
Home page in app
Scroll down to User profile & press
press Vehicle settings
press vehicle settings again
press Cluster
untick welcome sound box
Thanks.
As mine is not linked to a profile in car ( a whole world of pain) I get "Account link with vehicle is required" despite the fact the app is linked to car & will lock/unlock doors track car etc....

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thanks.
As mine is not linked to a profile in car ( a whole world of pain) I get "Account link with vehicle is required" despite the fact the app is linked to car & will lock/unlock doors track car etc....
Until you sort out the problems with your app you can turn the welcome sound off in the vehicle settings in the car
Press Set up
Press Vehicle
Press cluster
untick box for welcome sound

1 - 17 of 17 Posts