Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Now: Mazda 6 Tourer GT Sport Nav + New: Sportage GT-Line S HEV AWD
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched one of the promotion videos for Sportage and suggests it has a digital key entry system, utilising phone?

Not sure I have seen that, is it in the UK version or was that an old video and it never made it to production?

·
Registered
MY22 Sportage GT Line S HEV FWD
54 Posts
Yes, the Kia Connect app allows you to lock/unlock remotely to allow someone else access when your not about.
Also, I’ve noticed that if you forget to lock the car and it senses the key is out of range itll send you a notification via Kia Connect that the car is still unlocked, so you can use the app to lock it. Nice feature.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes, the Kia Connect app allows you to lock/unlock remotely to allow someone else access when your not about.
Also, I’ve noticed that if you forget to lock the car and it senses the key is out of range itll send you a notification via Kia Connect that the car is still unlocked, so you can use the app to lock it. Nice feature.
Yep, its a nice feature, however, its about 15min delayed in sending you the notification.

·
Super Moderator
9,410 Posts
You just have to remember that if you had left a key in the car & used the app to lock the car. You can have problems getting the car open again.

So before locking using the APP. Always check you know where BOTH keys are. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,475 Posts
The linking of keyless operation, and the ability to leave keys in car and lock it etc. - all depending on the availability of the Internet - seems a little risky! What happens if you park where the Interwebs don't reach?

Reminds me of a notice in the park by the Telecomm Tower in Canberra "Owners of cars with remote locking systems are advised that some systems will fail in this area" - this was due to all the radio frequency stuff coming off the tower (TV, broadcast radio, private mobile radio, microwave links, cellular radio etc.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts