Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I bought a new Cee'd 1 in July 2010 (with a 7 year warranty). I don't hammer my vehicle (never have done and never will). I have been really pleased with the car,but........yesterday while I was out, when I came to start the car it refused at the first attempt. This is the first time this has happened, I then cranked the engine again and it fired up. Off I went thinking nothing more but when I came to start the car up again about 40 minutes later it refused to fire up. The normal cranking sound was there but the engine refused to fire up. I tried several times but it refused. I was about to call my breakdown service but decided to give it a final turn of the key before doing so. Finally at about the eighth attempt the engine started. All the lights on the dashboard were normal (going out and staying out). I am no mechanic by any means but have been driving for over 26 years. From the sound of what was going on yesterday makes me think it could be a jammed starter motor. I understand there could be numerous causes but the way it behaved makes me think about a starter motor problem. Has anyone else had this kind of problem with a Cee'd? My mileage is just under the 7,100 mile which is not a great deal for a 15 month old car. I appreciate any thoughts someone might have on this. Should the starter motor be faulty can I claim a new one under the warranty? Thank you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You misunderstand. Fuel starvation doesn mean its low on fuel, only that the fuel it has is not getting to the engine when required. It could also be a low battery. Car doesnt start well when cold, but OK when hot is one sign of a faulty battery. Also if not cold starting it could be choke related.

To be honest its hard to diagnose on a forum. Most mechanics will have a set list of things to check based on the symptoms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car started up first time from cold but when warm it was difficult to start. I never leave accessories on when the engine is not running, I learnt that lesson many years ago so as not to drain the charge from the battery unnecessarily. Could it possibly be a blockage in the fuel line? I understand it is hard to try and diagnose faults on an online forum but any suggestions are really helpful. I have not started the car up as yet today but am going out later and will keep my fingers crossed! Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.