Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a new to this forum so please go easy.

I bought a 2017 Kia eSoul two months ago. I am in Ireland and the eSoul was a UK import, bought from an independent dealer.

Almost on a daily basis I am having difficulty removing the Zappi charging cable from the Kia. My wife has a Nissan Leaf and does not experience this issue.

When it happens it is a huge inconvenience, effectively the car is tied to the house. We try everything to release the charger but nothing works, but then we hear a 'click' and out of the blue it releases the cable. All times this has happened were in the late morning. We have no timers set.

I have used the emergency release under the bonnet. I would turn the dial and it would release but now the dial just turns and turns and does not release.

Advice appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 Soul EV FE
326 Posts
Among the obvious things you have tried, I take it you have stood at the front of the Soul (when it is still locked), hand on the plug ready to pull it out and then pushed the unlock button on the key fob....
The lock that holds the plug in the car's socket doesn't stay unlocked for many seconds before it re-locks.
Sorry if that was one of your more obvious methods!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Among the obvious things you have tried, I take it you have stood at the front of the Soul (when it is still locked), hand on the plug ready to pull it out and then pushed the unlock button on the key fob....
The lock that holds the plug in the car's socket doesn't stay unlocked for many seconds before it re-locks.
Sorry if that was one of your more obvious methods!
Yes tried that but no joy.

I am trying to get Kia Ireland to confirm whether or not the 7 year warranty is valid for the car. I have rang/emailed them bit cannot get an answer.

·
Super Moderator
10,059 Posts
So long as car has been serviced in line Kia requirements (10,000 miles or 12 months. Whichever is 1st) then you should be OK.
At Kia garage is best as using 3rd party (must be VAT reg) & will require a invoice listing parts used. (must be Kia spec)

Note. Kia do not have central database of servicing. So you really need to have stamped service book, or contact the dealers used for proof.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The independent dealer explained to me that it was a disability organisation that first owned it. There were 19000 miles on it when I bought it. I think that it sat in an auction house for a long long time. There was at least one Kia service, service book stamped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts