Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
can any one tell me how much realistically they can get into the tank of there carens diesel.
mine is an 03 model, Kia say 55 litres.
In ours with the fuel light on constantly and needle in the red, to brim the tank and i mean brim i can get no more than 31/33 quid in it,
I dont think it is to bad on fuel as i base my consumption on a weekly basis on what i put in, avg 36-38 mpg, I use the car for basically the same journeys every week,
Also does any bodies carens have the annoying fuel light coming on prematurely ,
I.E sitting on the motor way at 60 miles an hour with over 1/2 a tank on the gauge, slight incline needle drops to a 1/4 and light comes on.
This post is not a gripe about fuel consumption. Just that for a 2.0 litre diesel mpv the tank range is awfull, example\ walsall to blackpool central and back steady run approx 230 miles tank empty.
Not a good range on a full tank, Freind travelling with me in a rover 45 diesel there and back just under 1/2 tank.
Any thoughts please
all the best
col

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Cavking
From what i have read on the forums the fuel warning light on most of the models seems to be set abit on the safe side, with possibly 2 gallons left in the tank, not a bad thing with a diesel.

Not sure how the light is operated, guage or tank sender?

Don't fancy checking it running out will keep filling it when it hit a quarter left.

Bob.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi kia passa
yes your probably right diesels are awkward when they drain the tank, let alone all the crud that gets sucked up into the system, Its really economical at the moment, gear box out and requiring attention to 3/4 gears.
cheers for reply
regards
col

1 - 5 of 5 Posts