Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening folks,i filled my carens this morning, but tonight i can smell diesel, more from the front than from the back,
i have checked the fuel cap and there is no sign of a leak,but when im driving there is a faint smell
inside the car and also under the bonnet but i can see no sign of a leak, is there anything i should check or be looking for, the mpg is the same every week, are there any obvious problems on this carens.
griff.
p.s. i will take another look tommorow when the light is better.
the car is running fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
still no luck, there is a stain on the engine on the righthand side [looking from the front]and there is a light misting on the hoses going towards the back of the engine, i have booked the carens in to my local garage [same one for the last 20 years] as i cannot work out where the leak is,
when i find out i will let you know.
griff.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all sorted now, the leak came from a fuel pipe coming up along the body between the engine and the bulkhead, the pipe has been replaced but it cannot be seen easily from under the bonnet, so i will take a look when the mot comes around,hopefully thats is the end of the problem,celebrated by getting the car washed,
griff.

·
Registered
36 Posts
< = =text/ ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
Call it happensstance (butit sounds like aa design issue to me), but my 2004 Carens has just started to do exactly the same.
Can you tell me more about the location of this pipe, what it is made ofand how you went about replacing it. Did you have to remove much gubbins before you could get to it?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi marsie,the pipe has been changed by my local garage, they bought the fuel line from boongate kia
the mark made by the diesel leak, was on the right hand side of the engine as you look from the front
the pipe is a metal pipe which comes from under the body work and up in between the bulkhead and the engine, i don.t know if the pipe was fitted on a ramp or if the intercooler had to be removed, but i would think that would be the way in if you have no ramp, i cannot see which pipe has been replaced,
sorry it's a bit vague but if you wanted i could ask the garage for more info and a part number if possible.
griff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts