Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 2008 sedona diesel crdi, just after i got it i heard a buzzing noise from the back, i took the car back several times a nothing could be found, about a year ago the engine managment light started to come on when the engine Was under load, i,e when overtaking or pulling out of a junction etc, the car keeps running when the light is on, but will not rev above 3 thousand and doesn;t want to accelarate, once turned off for a few mins its fine again untill i pull out or overtake. i changed the filter in the summer and the car was pefect again, for around 2 thousand miles, and now the light comes on again, i have the chance to change the pump,and other parts if needed,will i find it in the tank, i have tried the sensor on the end of the diesel rail and its better but does not accelerate in one smooth incline, its hesitant, so my question wheres the pump and anything else i should change

·
Registered
437 Posts
It will be the inlet metering valve on the back of the mechanical diesel pump, about £80 + Vat and quite fidly to fit. Very common problem on the sedona and if you get the check light checked I guarantee the code will be P0088.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts