Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Would any of the diesel owners care to post up what range they generally get from their full tank please, I have the 2L petrol and I can get 500-600km from a tank depending on how I drive?

Just curious.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've had about the same as Bob on a long run and I think I could make 500 miles (approximately 800 Kms) if I had to. Normally I refill at around a quarter of a tank left (on the guage) and that is around 330 - 370miles (ie roughly 530 - 590 Kms).

Richard

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bob and Richard for replying, 2 questions:

Are either of yours 4x4?
Is this mileage under normal driving or driving like Miss Daisy ?? :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yep I brimmed mine with fuel and then did just over 500 miles on the tank - orange light came on and computer said 50 miles to go. Journey was varied - motorway, A roads, motorway and country roads.

Driving on motorway was cruising at 70 ish ;-) give or take.

For info trip computer stated the following:

Miles to go 48
MPG 38.9
Average Speed 41mph
Time Running 12:20

Distance run 514 miles.

Oh mines a KX2 2L Diesel 2500 miles on the clock and hoping the MPG picks up ???

Edited by: si952

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Techie I have a 2 wheel drive auto and about 16K miles on clock, now its freed up I have started chucking it round corners and the engine and auto box have really settled down and perform well together.
I have kept a running total of the fuel I have used in the car from new, it started at about 27 mph but has gone as low as 25mph in the really cold weather to now about 38.4mph on a good 70 ish motorway cruise.

And still getting better all the time.

Bob

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine is a 4x4. I keep to posted speed limits and attempt to drive smoothly and with anticipation.

Richard

·
Registered
82 Posts
I always top up well before empty so have never checked my range on a full tank but If I fill right up to the neck I can get 130 miles before dropping to the 3/4 mark then a fairly consistent 100 miles on each quarter tank thereafter. It's a 2.0 litre deisel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2009 2.0 CRD. I have seen a best figure of 5.? l / 100km during a visit to England, (approx 50mpg ) but average about 6.4 on a normal days run with 7.4 around town.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have had 300 out of a full tank normal motorway and town driving averaged with 42ltrs /11 gallon 27mpg !!!!! you guys seem to be getting more mpg's any one any ideas ??? it's a 06 sportage 2.0lt SE 138bhp only 40900 on the clock.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
So what mpg are you getting now?

Over the last month or so I seem to have dropped to about 34 mpg around town from the previous 39ish. I am not consciously driving any faster but, TBH, the car seems a lot ''free-er'' now that its done 40k + kms so maybe I am accelerating faster.

Anyone tried a ''diesel tuning box'' fitting ? I am temped by the 'Racetune' unit from Germany, its about Euro 229 and claims up to 20% improvement in economy (large pinch of salt!!!!). Its cheap enough but.....I don't like the idea of wasting money.

·
Registered
97 Posts
HI, i reacon im getting 30 to 32mpg which isnt to bad i think as its a heavy moter, mines the 4WD version and a 6 speed gearbox.
I was going to put a post on about the tuning chip/box as i was thinking of getting one too, I towe a caravan and i have only had my Sportage for two months so havent had a towbar fitted yet but i will be interested to see what MPG i get when im towing ??? if you find out any more info on the tuning chip/box let me know as there are loads on ebay and prices vary fron £59 upto £399 all stating a BHP, Tourque and MPG increases ??? is it worth getting one ar having the ECU remapped ???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Fuel consumption when towing is pretty poor. I have not managed any accurate calculations but it has dipped below 20 mpg as I once did 75 miles on a quarter tank. cruising at 50 mph on a good road I think it is around the high twenties at best. I put my caravan on a seasonal pitch so i don't have to tow much now. No problem with stability when towing, just lacks power.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tow a Bailey Unicorn Valencia which is quite a big van ( 7.25m shipping length / 1600+kg ) and, so far, the sportage is a great tow car. I got 24 mpg towing from northern England to Normandy via Calais. That was into a severe wind on the French motorways. It held 6th quite well for most of the journey.

Fiddler69, mine is also 4wd / 6 speed manual 2.0 CRDi (2009).

I would prefer a tuning box rather than a re-map so that it can be removed before servicing, I don't want to invalidate the warranty.

·
Registered
97 Posts
cheers, my caravan is avondale arrow 6berth 24 ft long and 1200kg so looking forward to the new season just got to get a towbar fitted, had a detachable on the last one so going to price one up. i got 38mpg to the gallon on last fill so im happy with that ?? using 6th more as it loves it at a constant 60mph read that the sportage is a very good and capable towcar ?? cant wait to get the van hiched up and moving, happy times ahead.

Lance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Shocked and Stunned !!!!!!!

My Sportage is fitted ( OE equipt ) with a Clarion MAX973HD Audio / Satnav. I contacted Clarion about updating the maps, they want 350 pounds for the update.

I think that sort of cost is totally OTT, anyone agree / disagree?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts