Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i have a 53 plate 2.9 ls diesel sedona, and i'm have been asked which injectors are fitted, because i need new seals on 1 of the injectors , how do i find out if its bosh or Delfine ??

any help would be greatfull

blucky27

·
Registered
702 Posts
blucky27 said:
hi,
i have a 53 plate 2.9 ls diesel sedona, and i'm have been asked which injectors are fitted, because i need new seals on 1 of the injectors , how do i find out if its bosh or Delfine ??

any help would be greatfull

blucky27
I have a 2.9TDI 2000 reg and I asked the same question to 2 manin Kia Dealers and Kia UK and not one of them could answer or even knew which make they were all they have is a Kia part number. Although for the seals I would imaginr the kia dealers would go on your chasis number for the correct seals. Sorry I cant be of more help

·
Registered
42 Posts
They are Delphi ( the 'phi bit is pronounced like hi-fi / wi-fi ).

Find out whether the garage is actually talking about seals inside the injectors or just sealing washers. ( the latter being the cheap option ). Injector retaining screws are known for stretching and allowing the injectors to work loose/vibrate/overheat/leakout exhaust gases.

If the injectors are not holding pressure there could be a lot of problems ahead for you. Believe me as I'm inthe middle of a living nightmare with mine.

You need to advise :-

Is your problem down to a chuffing ( ticking noise ) coming from the engine.

...or do you have these noises PLUS your engine management light is coming on perhaps when your car is under acceleration load.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts