Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To cut a long story short I decided to check the fuel tank sender unit filter because I have an intermittent low fuel pressure problem anyway I took the unit out of the tank and separated the canister this was full of diesel so I emptied it into a bucket and a large piece of crud came out the actual gauze filter wasn’t to bad before I put the unit back together I put some fuel back into the canister this was full when I took it out but now the fuel runs out the bottom of the canister via a small hole which goes onto a raised lug inside with a hole through it I’m wondering if this is right and maybe the crud was preventing the fuel from running back into the tank on a road test it seems to have better acceleration now but I would like to know if this is how the canister should be ?
Thanks in advance for any help
After watching a video on how to clean this unit I realised when the unit is put back together a plunger fits into the raised lug with the hole in it probably sealing the unit preventing fuel from coming out of the bottom perhaps the crud was blocking the inlet fuel pipe causing low fuel pressure I’ll have to run it for a while and see if I get the fault again !

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I cant figure out how the canister fills up with fuel the only holes in it are in the top and the return hole which is on the base of the canister perhaps somebody can explain the suction pipe is in the canister with a gauze filter so how does the fuel get into the canister if it goes in the hole at the top what happens when the tank gets low on fuel because the top of the canister would be out of the fuel hopefully someone wll explain it !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts