Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am planning to have a Cee'd cool 90PS diesel version as well, however I am not sure about the fuel consumption level of the car. I had a Rio in the past (petrol) and I sometimes thought that there was a leak in the fuel tank or something. So, can you cee'd owners please tell me what is your average mpg figures for the diesel version?

Thanks,

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hello
I have a Ceed LS the113bhpwhich is aslightly more powerful version ofthe one you want to buyit is 3 months old Diesel and has 3000 miles on the clock. Just for your interest I paid 11k for it 2 weeks ago with 1400 miles on the clock.

I am running it up and down the motorway each day 80 miles each way I did it using the cruise control as much as possible at around 65mph and got 64mpg showing as an average on the computer. This goes down to 55mpg at 70 to 80mph yours should be better on fuel from the articles I have read.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 113LS SW diesel Auto (July 2008) gives me 30mpg ave.short 2 mile trips, and on the M25, I get about 50mpg ave. On one late night run, halfway round, I achieved 60mpg ave. on cruise control set at 72mph. I have really noticed the fill up frequency between this and my previous 1.6 Magane petrol auto. As Ratboiler says, you should do better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 07 Cee'd 1.6 90 gets me 67-78 between 50-60 but i have had it remapped to 125bhp lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
ah finally, someone who has had a remap done.....Do you have any problems with the re-map? does it shudder or pause at all under accelleration? and has it affected your mpg computer at all?

·
Registered
57 Posts
well my trip computer has always told me im averaging 44 -49 mpg even before my remap so nim not sure if it has

ive had no problems with my remap acceleration is much more responsive instead of waiting for the car to go it just goes and by f*** she goes, its quicker than an MR2 no joke had a wee run with one and it couldnt keep up.

i worked it out myself that i average about 65-75 mpg

and theres an added bonus, when your decelerating as in letting the car slow down itself in first or second you can hear the turbo wind clear as day, sounds great

and yes i am a boy racer type lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Personaly your better off getting a remap than a tuning box, most companies that offer remapping, take the car back to standard at no extra cost if your not happy with it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So who remapped it and what was the cost, and will it affect your warrenty?
I have a VXR 220 which has been remapped so am in favour of getting it done.

·
Registered
57 Posts
OBD AutoTune in Ballymena remapped it, i was told that the car can be mapped up to 140BHP but you may start to get problems with the turbo etc.

Remapps are virtualy undetectable especialy Live Maps as they change settings on the map already on the ECU instead of getting an 'off the shelf' generic map.

the Remap cost me £200 this also included a before and after dyno test.

warrenty wise, if you tell the dealer it will unlify your warrenty, but most folks who remap your car will change the map to standard again at no extra cost if you want it back to that if it needs warrenty work.

So say for example the turbo goes and your not sure if they will notice the change or not, they can bring it to stanard again for you with no hassel so it can't be noticed, they will also map it back again to the remap you paid for at no cost too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the 90 HP version and I struggle to get the milage up to 53 MPG. Kia and the dealer have not been much help so far. The Focus with the 1.6 CDI does much better without driving as if the accelerator pedal was made of glass.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The consumption should get better with alot more miles on the car. I have heard this could be as much as 20k before it loosens up.
At 20kmileage you still wont achieve what Kia say imho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts