Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div style=": -1; :; top:0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 300px;">I am trying to start a thread enabling people to give their mpg figures to see how close we can get to the manafacturers boasts. Personally we have a Rio diesel and on a mainly main road run [A23] at 70 - 80 mph I am getting and average of 50mpg, this is dissapointing compared with a claimed 61 on the urban cycle. I have heard that the engines need to run in before they perform economicaly, but 7k miles now? Any one else got any figures. Its a 1.6Ltr Strike?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi there

Regarding my diesel this is what I found (average per tank full) :-

Initially 46mpg (too much welly having fun with the turbo).
Gradually started getting better fuel consumption to around 50mpg after first service.
After second service (at 20k miles), the fuel economy went up again to around 52mpg.

I do believe diesel engined cars need more mileage to bed everything in and properly coat all of the fuel lines properly.

mine is around 24k miles now and I get on average 50 - 55mpg.

The best I have had was 56mpg on a long run back from Wales with four adults and luggage.

I have given up trying to get the official figures as I do not think anyone can realisticly achieve those lab figures.

The official figures are only good for comparing one car to another (since they are tested the same way) but in the real world no one can get these.

Edited by: diddy1234

·
Registered
10 Posts
my rio crdi has 20 k on the clock on motorway driving about 60 to 65 mph i can get an average of 65 to 70 mpg my dealership cant beleive it hope my next rio is the same

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there, my new Rio Graphite CRDI has just had its second tank fill, and averaging around 52/53 mpg, short runs 6-8 miles each way. Interesting to see how it performs when it beds in.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
My Rio has done 25k miles and on a run at 70mph it returns 58mpg. About town its about 45mpg. So I am well pleased. Mine has a tuning box and I like to cane it now and again. Not tried it at 55mph as I would fall asleep at that speed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi thanks for that, can you let me know what the box you mention is? sounds inyeresting.

Kirk

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Its a company called PRO-BITZ dot com
I bought mine on their site on ebay. Cost £99. Well worth it in my opinion.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div style=": -1; :; top:0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100px;">Thanks for that will give it a look.
<div style=": -1; :; top:0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100px;">

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
My Rio Graphite gives me between 50 and 56 mpg, although it seems a bit random and not closely related to how it's driven. That's 90% motorway driving at 70 to 80. A bit dissapointing, was hoping for better.

One thing I find is difficult is to know when the tank is totally full when at the pump. Once the pump cuts out, wait a bit then you can get another litre in. However, sometimes it just bubbles up and out of the overflow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts