Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got or driven a diesel auto ceed, very interested in buying one.

would like to know what sort of mpg you get and what the performance is like, im worried it might be a bit on the gutless side.

i have a friend who has a diesel auto passat (140bhp) and they say its very sluggish off the mark but fine once moving.

Any info would be greatly recieved.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Only very briefly driven one, but seemed ok to me when pulling away. Cant comment on realworld fuel consuption tho.

·
Registered
20 Posts
k888rjt, I have a SW 1.6 diesel auto. Mostly use it for local driving, ave. 30 mpg. Not too fussed as I get about 55 mpg ave. on long runs on motorways. Performance is second to a volvo estate I sometimes drive. Pull away from standstill has a turbo lag which I had to get used to. I have broken the law at 100mph for a short period to see what the machine is capable of, but normally am within the law, so for me consumption is better than volvo. No problems with "kickdowns" on the auto gearbox for overtaking etc. A nice cruiser

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info, thought there might be some lag from the turbo when pulling away.

sorry another question does it pull well on hills?

am used to a rio diesel and it pulls very well even in 5th but i miss the auto box.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a short 1 in 10 gradient which I sometimes have to use, and am amazed at the pull etc compared to an old diesel 2 something litre Isuzu I had yonks ago. Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
I now have a Diesel Auto Cee'd SW 2010 model, and it out performs my Renault Megan ST 2007 2 litre model that I had. Pull away is great and smooth and acceleration, kick down (Kia say that there is no kick down but it feels like one) is very responsive. Smooth ride with so many extra's that you get to rely on. The Bluetooth works very well on this model.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just seen your post. I have a new Ceed 3 (2010) and noted your comments regarding the bluetooth working well.

I can only redial using my bluetooth and ofcoursereceivecallsthrough the head unit but cannot dial out ortransfermy address book?

I have a Blackberry Bold 9000. Any help with be appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts