Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Dave R said:
I must call in to Kia soon so I will have a look at the new ones,I know that some people are not to happy about waiting for delivery which can be months but it's better that way than it was a few years ago when new cars sat around for months.I remember seeing some brand new Fiats parked in a field next to the docks halfway up the wheels in water and these were sold as someones brand new pride and joy.
Yep, most probably under the government scrappage scheme. Always best to have built to order!

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Update on my gearbox. Took it to Viking to look at it. Paul (same chap as mentioned earlier) was very helpful and took it for a spin. He acknowledged the knotchy and catchy gear changing as I described but felt engine was still very tight and needs more miles and more revs to loosen it up. He feels confident that it will ease up over time. He made the point that with a 7 year warranty there is little to worry about if there is a fault and it does not improve or even gets worse it would get looked at! So fingers crossed he will be right. It is the only thing that annoys me about the car as you continually have the 2nd to 3rd gear change on your mind, which on a brand new motor shouldn't be the case. Certainly impressed with Viking's customer service.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
tempest said:
Maybe if we have a meet up - you can sample a few other owners cars to form an opinion on how yours fairs.
Could be good although there are some long distnaces involved here! Someone is suggesting a club meet in another thread somewhere so perhaps that might be a good trip out?
I did drive another on the day mine was looked at by Viking. It was a 300 mile on the clock demo and all gears felt a little tight and clunky but the 2-3 change up was certainly better than mine.

It was me. There are 2 Buxton owners so we are nearly a crowd!
Let me know and I'll see if one of the local hotels will accommodate us.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.