Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning email:

"Hello, all is confirmed, no delays in the production, end of Nov is delivery date".

Afternoon email - "2 months delay due to chip shortage".

get f*cked, srsly. Sold my old car beforehand, now driving a 2000 Yaris with a clutch made of chewing gum and a gas pedal made of elmers glue.

All this, because Kia would not make the proceed few cms taller so I could fit in with a pano roof - I could have already been driving a top spec car.

The dealer better be giving me a top discount for the next services god dammit.

What about your orders?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The dealer better be giving me a top discount for the next services god dammit.
Not sure how it is there, but where i bought my proceed they gave me nothing for free unless i asked. If you ask for a discount on services, getting like 10-15% off should be easy enough based on my experiences with various dealerships.

I even got a free first service because they forgot to include the towbar with the car when i received it and had to wait for it for 2 weeks. Still, I had to moan and ask it, they didnt just hand it out. :) Good luck with the delivery though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put in an order for the same specs as you today. I am also 191cm tall and could not fit in the tx and have ordered a Lunar Silver GT with all the equipment except the pano roof.
I was told the delivery time is 3-4 months at the moment.

·
Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
387 Posts
I hope I'm still driving at that age. o_O

Ahhh, cm tall. It didn't say that before!!!

• Haha
Reactions: PCN and mr.macspot

·
Registered
65 Posts
I put in an order for the same specs as you today. I am also 191cm tall and could not fit in the tx and have ordered a Lunar Silver GT with all the equipment except the pano roof.
Same here in Macedonia. Actually if you place order delivery period is 3 months. I got my GT same as yours and one of my colleagues was at Kia dealership to ask for him. That is how I got the info. But car is so exciting and waiting is now reality. Honda delivers in August 2022 if you order now!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol I'm identical height and I have ordered an identical car :D could not fit due to pano :D Had to read 3 times to make sure that it was not my comment :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
mine was ordered from Viking Motors on September 27th and was supposed to arrive at the end of October. Then it was delayed to the end of January. So im afraid, that
December is not real
All dates on the website are also January 31

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mine was ordered from Viking Motors on September 27th and was supposed to arrive at the end of October. Then it was delayed to the end of January. So im afraid, that
December is not real
All dates on the website are also January 31
I was told the same, but the production slot has been allocated 100%. However, there are some logistics problems, Kia Slovakia are filling up stadiums and every corner of every plot of land that could be used for parking, is being used :D So I dunno what's up with that. Should we all get a bus and go pick up our cars? :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was told the same, but the production slot has been allocated 100%. However, there are some logistics problems, Kia Slovakia are filling up stadiums and every corner of every plot of land that could be used for parking, is being used :D So I dunno what's up with that. Should we all get a bus and go pick up our cars? :D
When i was in the process of receiving mine, I was very touchy-touchy verbally with the dealer, calling them every week for an update. At one point indeed the car was just sitting in a parking lot waiting for the chip for a week. So, fair chance that currently you could only enjoy the soft seats :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine was produced 24th of September and seating on parking for a month. I received the car on 29th of October. Must say that I was putting some huge pressure on the dealer and even reacted to a Kia Europe with some mails. I knew that it will be October or February if they start production of new Sportage. That was well known fact that Kia will put all of their efforts to produce more Sportages and Proceed will be on hold in November. We all must understand that most of people are buying SUVs and they don't care about good ride. All they want is space and higher seating position 😃

1 - 20 of 22 Posts