Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sportage GT Line 2.0 Manual
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After only 2 weeks of ownership of my 2016 2.0 GT Line I was involved on a no fault accident on Saturday afternoon.
Id been to the local motor factors to get some double sided pads for the new number plate for the caravan when a woman decided to drive into me.
To say I’m gutted is an understatement!
I was looking forward to getting the caravan on the back this weekend, instead Im at home carless, bruised and sore and with the task of sorting it all out with the insurance.
Why me?!? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Z0
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
436 Posts
When the insurance offers you a farty little 3 door that won't tow your 'van, offer to use their own legal cover to sue them to give you a car that will tow it. I did that when I got rear ended a few years ago on the M1and ended up with a Land Cruiser Colorado! I could nearly have got my Santa Fé in the boot!

Reactions: sshooie

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
4,113 Posts
After only 2 weeks of ownership of my 2016 2.0 GT Line I was involved on a no fault accident on Saturday afternoon.
Id been to the local motor factors to get some double sided pads for the new number plate for the caravan when a woman decided to drive into me.
To say I’m gutted is an understatement!
I was looking forward to getting the caravan on the back this weekend, instead Im at home carless, bruised and sore and with the task of sorting it all out with the insurance.
Why me?!? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Z0 View attachment 16356
View attachment 16355
Oh good lord, she certainly did a job on your car! That's really tough - commiserations.....😟

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad you are OK. What a mess.

Just hope given the newness of the car, you have the clause under 12 months & it's replaced with a new car.
Tell me more please?
Im still waiting to hear what’s happening but I’m hoping I’m going to be right in telling them I want a near like for like car?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Tell me more please?
Im still waiting to hear what’s happening but I’m hoping I’m going to be right in telling them I want a near like for like car?
Unfortunately, I doubt that the replacement with a new car clause will be applicable in this case as, whilst you have only owned the car for a few weeks, it is a 2016 registration according to your first post, and the new car clause is usually only applicable to first owners of new cars. However, as the aggrieved party, you should be able to insist in being put back into the position you were in before the incident either with a repair to proper standards, a replacement vehicle of the same model and standard of condition, mileage etc., or by a cash payment.
Also, as the incident was not your fault apparently, you should be able to insist that the third party's insurance company cover all your expenses and provide a hire car of equivalent standard until yours is back on the road or the claim is otherwise settled.
Good luck with your negotiations!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately, I doubt that the replacement with a new car clause will be applicable in this case as, whilst you have only owned the car for a few weeks, it is a 2016 registration according to your first post, and the new car clause is usually only applicable to first owners of new cars. However, as the aggrieved party, you should be able to insist in being put back into the position you were in before the incident either with a repair to proper standards, a replacement vehicle of the same model and standard of condition, mileage etc., or by a cash payment.
Also, as the incident was not your fault apparently, you should be able to insist that the third party's insurance company cover all your expenses and provide a hire car of equivalent standard until yours is back on the road or the claim is otherwise settled.
Good luck with your negotiations!
Thanks for the reply. That’s the route I’m currently in the process of going down.
Judging by the damage I’m presuming it’s going to be a writeoff.
I personally wouldnt want it back now as a repaired vehicle as the resale value would be hit with it being logged.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Why me?!? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I can't answer the question but I feel your pain!

Twice, in the space of a couple of months this year, I have had my car damaged while it was parked - once in a disabled bay in a car park and subsequently while the car was parked on the street outside my house.

On the first occasion, the car required a front n/s wing and a complete front lower valance. The second time required a complete rear lower valance. I began to think that someone was deliberately targeting my car although the incidents occurred about 5 miles apart.:(

I thought about paying for the repair work on the first occasion but the bill was rather more than I anticipated so I regrettably put a claim through my insurer and only had to pay £200 excess. On the second occasion, I vacillated for a bit before opting to foot the bill myself. Having owned the car for almost six years without any unforeseen expenses and the car providing the cheapest vehicle running costs in real terms that I have ever owned, I didn't want to register another claim at my age when some insurers start to load policies on account of age. One claim probably wouldn't affect my premium too much but two could be painful and, of course, we are obliged to notify most insurance companies at each renewal for five years of any claims, convictions, etc.

I sincerely hope that it all pans out okay for you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Try using an Accident Management Company who will take over a no fault claim and it will cost you nothing and they will give you a replacement vehicle, the cost of which will be given to the third parties insurer.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Try using an Accident Management Company
On the basis of my personal experience of one of those and reading feedback in these pages from others who have had similar dealings, I would exhort anyone considering such a move to eschew that notion.

Reactions: sshooie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Try using an Accident Management Company who will take over a no fault claim and it will cost you nothing and they will give you a replacement vehicle, the cost of which will be given to the third parties insurer.
Thats now the route I’ve decided to go down. Hire car sorted for tomorrow and it’s in their hands now. 👍🏻

·
Super Moderator
10,561 Posts
Tell me more please?
Ah. I thought it was a Brand new car.
Please ignore my post. @JB18 covered it..

·
Super Moderator
10,561 Posts
Thats now the route I’ve decided to go down. Hire car sorted for tomorrow and it’s in their hands now. 👍🏻
Just be careful. As it has been known for other insurance company to refuse to pay excessive car hire costs. Given the length of time this will take to repair. You are expected to minimise the costs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just be careful. As it has been known for other insurance company to refuse to pay excessive car hire costs. Given the length of time this will take to repair. You are expected to minimise the costs.
I very much doubt it will be repaired, but it’s all in the hands of the AMC now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I note that Kia web site suggests that their Customer Support service is a good place to call in the event of breakdown or accident.

Having read the words a number of times they seem to suggest that this is a service available to all KIA owners whether or not one has taken up KIA insurance. That sort of sounds too good to be true so I wondered if anyone could either correct my interpretation or describe any experience they have had using the idea.

Or do I need to go to Specsavers?

·
Super Moderator
10,561 Posts
You mean this lot.

Note they have nothing to do with Kia, they are one of the many 3rd party Accident Management Companies, that many manufactures seem to offer/partner with. They offer £250 to cover the extra excess your ins co charges for using a 3rd party.
we’ll reimburse up to £250 of your insurance excess cost if you have a complimentary Excess Return voucher.
Best just to leave it to your own insurance co to sort out.

Kia Accident Aftercare is provided by Verex Assistance UK Ltd

1 - 20 of 36 Posts