·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
770 Posts
Looks good just don't like the wheels on the GT Line & S plus no heated seats in the GT Line:(

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GT line s has heated front and rears along with steering wheel.
Thats the model that has 4wd in hybrid, unfortunately it comes out over £40K so it probably incurs the luxury tax.

·
Registered
770 Posts
HEV GT Lines are on 18 inch wheels which is the green & ICE GT Lines are on 19 inch like the white one in the picture

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Given a choice I would always avoid diamond cut wheels, too prone to corrosion.
My last 3 cars have had 19" wheels but I've no problem with 18", but I would like to know the reason for 18 over 19, utube videos seem to always show 19" with the hybrid.

·
Registered
528 Posts
i paid approx £20000 for my 2017 sportage (new) in 2017 now 4 years later it has gone up by 33% !! my wages havent !!! so this means i will have to shop around other makes or buy 2-3 year old car. i bought a kia because it was value for money and the 7 year warranty. Now i feel it is just part of the pack priced similar to other makes and has lost that special feel , it has also lost its individual styling looking similar to other suv's out there.

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All cars have shot up in price, my tiguan was listed at around £38K its now around £43K.

That along with Kia moving up market and the car becoming bigger accounts towards the higher list prices.
Even Skoda is now expensive.

A Duster is probably one of the few cheap cars, along with MG.

·
Registered
528 Posts
i am going to look at a Ssangyong i know someone else on here bought one and was impressed, although i am concerned about lack of dealers it does come with a 7 year 150 000 mile warranty at a more affordable price to me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It looks a like compact SUV now rather than a mid-sized one. That colour and those wheels are awful too. I like the front end, I like the interior but the overall look is a bit of a mess.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
i am going to look at a Ssangyong
I don't blame you. Very well priced and well-equipped for the money! These Koreans have learned from the Japanese how to make reliable vehicles and are only a few years behind Hyundai/KIA. They will get better as they become more established in countries like the UK where the dealer network is spread rather thinly at present.

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had a RAV4 test drive today in a black edition.

I liked the car, handling, steering, brakes and power all fine, along with quality.
What spoilt the experience was the noise level on acceleration very intrusive and not pleasant to hear IMO.
On the positive side the economy was really good at 44mpg, I think I could see 50mpg driven steady, and that was all local with full throttle more than once.
Also the dealer came back with a kerbweight of 1615kg lighter than my caravan, seems light to me given its size?
As for the nose weight of only 70kg I believe it's due to the soft suspension and long overhang?

So I'm still hoping the Sportage will fit the bill.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Currently RAV4 used prices are higher than new cars due to long waiting time.
Toyota now offers 10 years warranty provided you continue with main dealer servicing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I noticed Kia UK posted the US version (longer version) on their Instagram page the other day. When I said I assume we're getting this version then......they hastily deleted the IG post......

I got all excited for a moment........

(How can Kia employ people with such little knowledge of the brand?).....

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We don't get the LWB version or the electronic dampers, the latter is fitted to the european versions that are currently showing on ytube road tests, very misleading if they don't make a point of saying ignore any comments about the good ride, the UK version does not get it as an option.

And they always seem to test the top trim versions...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts