Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Derbyshire bound...

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Taffy 49 
#1 ·
<div style="line-height: 1.4; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Morning Peeps

Sorry I've been quiet since the excellent time we had at the Buxton Meet - work, house sale/move, hols etc.

<div style="line-height: 1.4; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">Thanks to T & T for their hospitality

Went on a jaunt to Swadlincote yesterday. Filled up in the local ASDA (£1.37.7 p/l). put £50 in which took it just over the "full" marker. Done 283 miles there and back at an average of 45.6 mpg (according to the car computer) and have just under half a tank left (not kidding), so well chuffed considering I had to come off the M5/M50 and use "A" roads through the towns of Ripple, Ledbury, Hereford to Abergavenny.

The Tempest is now 10 months old, done 9163 miles and is purring like a good un.

I still get asked "tell me about the car" wherever I go, something I've never experienced in any of the other cars I've had.

Eyeballed a White Soul west bound on the A40 and a dark brown Soul on M42/M6 yesterday.

Noticed the front Nexens look worn so a trip to Kwikfit tomoz me thinks - not good with only 9000 on them

Will be travelling from Merthyr to Southampton on 03/10 so keep a eye open for the 57 plate Tempest.

Catch u again.

See less See more
#5 ·
Have you got tracking problems Taff, I have got 26k on my Hankooks now and there is still a least 4k left on them.Even at that there should be 1.8m on them as 1.6m is to low before changing them as far as I am concerned . Maybe all your potholes has taken the tracking out.

#7 ·
dont believe the fuel gauge!!!....its actually half full when it reads three quarters of a tank...... other than that - am glad you are enjoying it, they are good cars and they improve with mileage, mines on 25k now and is running better than ever (front tyres are shot tho)..... it gets its 2nd service tomorrow so i hope they dont mess it up.

#8 ·
Well, Kwikfit have got 2 new tyres on order for me.......hopefully Wednesday.... 3mm left on R/F & 2mm on L/F but gonna put new ones on because of my I O W trip next week. Notsurprised with the wear, garage said if you can get 10k on a tyre these days your doing well.

#16 ·
£242 must be for two I would hope, I have been quoted £123 per tyre fitted with nitrogen inflated for 18" Hankooks , the same as whats fitted at the moment. 10k is very low mileage ,I have got 26k on at the moment and they will need to be replaced very soon.

#18 ·
I'm now the proud owner of a pair of<strong style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Bridgestone Potenza RE04[/b]<strong style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">0 - [/b]Kwikfit price £195 each......what a difference.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.