Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a New Sportage in Infra Red. Looking forward to it with slight trepidation. Being ex RAF I'm buying it through Forces Cars Direct (Thanks msimega) and making a good saving on list price.
My Local Kia Franchise wouldn't Deal with them and wouldn't/couldn't get close to their price so I'm having to buy it blind and getting it delivered to the Ferry Port in Aberdeen. It will then travel overnight and I'll pick it up at Lerwick.
I'm hoping I won't encounter the dreaded loss of sound that has hounded the GT-Line S (JBL) as I believe my Model doesn't have that. Will put up pictures when I get it.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,407 Posts
That one long car delivery trip. I hope you enjoy your new car.

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
Best bet is to take a note of the updated software and check against yours before you leave.

Buying blind is the only way to get a car now, with showrooms shut & no chance of a test drive.

Handover is just fill in the paperwork, here are the keys & off you go....

Enjoy the new car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm hoping I won't encounter the dreaded loss of sound that has hounded the GT-Line S (JBL) as I believe my Model doesn't have that. Will put up pictures when I get it.
I would like to think that the software would be up to date, and I believe that the audio problem was only affecting the JBL units, but I'm sure you will enjoy your car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,407 Posts
Oops Alan beat me to it and he is right, I hadn't sussed your car hasn't JBL. Your system should look like, or be later than the image below.

Edit: actually I may be wrong. Your car should be a MY21, so it will be UVO enabled. The system will be a later number then mine. Apologies.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ordered a New Sportage in Infra Red. Looking forward to it with slight trepidation. Being ex RAF I'm buying it through Forces Cars Direct (Thanks msimega) and making a good saving on list price.
My Local Kia Franchise wouldn't Deal with them and wouldn't/couldn't get close to their price so I'm having to buy it blind
Had a similar experience with my local dealer (Fine Cars Lee-on-Solent) in that they would not deal with Forces Cars Direct due to "something" in the past. However they were part of the Defence Discount Service and had a price list for corporate and ex-military buyers from Kia UK. The price matched Forces Cars Direct - well a little better as we negotiated mud flaps, mats and mirror covers. I don't know if all dealers can deal direct with the Defence Discount Service, but Fine Cars now display signage advertising Military sales.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new Sportage - hope the delivery goes OK.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ordered a New Sportage in Infra Red.
and a fine choice of colour you have there, although I personally wanted a blue like mr. macspot and at the time of ordering my latest one in June 2019 i was told by the salesman "Oh,I will check for you...looks like there is a wait of about 6 weeks for that model, but we doo have one in infra red available right now", although it wasn`t the spec i wanted it was good enough for me and I love the DCT auto box..
get on and enjoy yours when you receive it

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered a GT-Line S blind and I collected it on Friday 19/03, beforehand I told salesman about the issue with the audio and it got updated. Date updated 17-03-2021

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Brutos, I have contacted the Salesman asking them to check before they deliver it to the Ferry on Thursday. He is going to pass on my request to the Service Manager on Monday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Brutos, I have contacted the Salesman asking them to check before they deliver it to the Ferry on Thursday. He is going to pass on my request to the Service Manager on Monday.
I also shared the thread from this forum with him so it was absolutely clear what the issue was.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only 3 days to go. Hats off to Dicksons of Inverness. As I've said I'm buying the car blind. I asked the Salesman I'm dealing with to check the Media Software Status. Got this picture this morning.
Hope my local Agent is going to be as helpful if required in the future

1 - 11 of 11 Posts