Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Morning all
I ordered a black diesel 3 beginning of June and they told me at the time Christmas delivery!!! (Didn't say which Christmas though)...
Diesels don't require so many chips as the two hybrids so you may be lucky. Have you checked for revisions to your delivery date? April 22 is my third update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a fun fact, which makes me kind of accept this long queue: most of you ordered in 2020/2021. With the model year change to 2022, whoever would order today, wouldn’t get as good rates negotiated as at the time you signed the leasing contract, anymore. Being German, here we are seeing more hybrids day by day, rather than diesel MQ4 sorentos. This is a indicator to me at least that Kia is trying to fulfill some EU given CO2 stats, to prioritize hybrids over diesel when producing. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a fun fact, which makes me kind of accept this long queue: most of you ordered in 2020/2021. With the model year change to 2022, whoever would order today, wouldn’t get as good rates negotiated as at the time you signed the leasing contract, anymore. Being German, here we are seeing more hybrids day by day, rather than diesel MQ4 sorentos. This is a indicator to me at least that Kia is trying to fulfill some EU given CO2 stats, to prioritize hybrids over diesel when producing. Just my two cents.
Dealership told me if I try to change a thing on my order (like color or anything) my leasing rate will adjust to the 2022 MY and I would get to wait even longer. Total price increase 1,5-2k € due to chip shortage which are causing increased pricing in their supply chain.

btw I ordered in 02/2021, was scheduled for week 28, that date got removed from their system. Complained to Kia logistics hotline couple times and they suggested me a alternative in brown color. I told them I don’t want it brown, they said well you’ll have to wait with no estimate then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
btw I ordered in 02/2021, was scheduled for week 28, that date got removed from their system. Complained to Kia logistics hotline couple times and they suggested me a alternative in brown color. I told them I don’t want it brown, they said well you’ll have to wait with no estimate then.
I cant remember where I read about it, but in the spring I did read that chips were being prioritised by manufacturers in general for all eletric and hybrid vehicles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, it looks like my Nov/Dec estimate has gone out of the window, and according to Kia Customer Services, I'm looking at March (more likely April). Got this message from them this morning when I chased it up:

We're sending supply chain updates to all dealers to help them communicate through this unprecedented situation. We'll be updating dealers in the 1st and 3rd week of every month. We've also suspended new orders for another model of hybrid whilst we allocate as many resources as possible to Sorento back orders.

The latest update released last week gives an ETA of March for those Sorento HEV's ordered last April.

Our statement on these bulletins reads: Global demand and Semi-conductor shortages severely impacting production. KUK is working closely with the factory to secure production prioritisation based on eldest backorders. We're sorry we can't do more to get this car into the country any quicker. Kind regards Kia Customer Service.

As my current car has to return to Skoda at the end of March, I think its increasingly likely I am going to end up with a period where I am stuck without a car. This is just extremely disappointing.

·
Super Moderator
6,263 Posts
Being German, here we are seeing more hybrids day by day, rather than diesel MQ4 sorentos. This is a indicator to me at least that Kia is trying to fulfill some EU given CO2 stats, to prioritize hybrids over diesel when producing. Just my two cents.
Car manufactures have emission targets to meet. Go over that and they are looking at big fines (EU regulation). Could also be part of the reason behind supply issues. If they need to limit number of high emission cars being sold. As they can not produce the hybrids/EV's to balance the figures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A further update from Kia when I responded to the March date:

You could look to upgrade later but we are expecting lead times of about 12 months for Sorento 4 throughout the next year. The Sorento 3 is closer to 8/9 months as it stands.

I'm seriously considering other options now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Right, action taken. I pick up my Ioniq 5 on Friday, and my Sorento order will be cancelled tomorrow. Sorry all but that delay is not acceptable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been told my car will arrive to the UK Friday 12th November, with 2 weeks for previously delivery checks . Changed my order to a sorento 4 , but the 3 is on the same boat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My order of a grey diesel 3 is now available for other customers, swapped for a hev 4 in red ( only colour they had available).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been told my car will arrive to the UK Friday 12th November, with 2 weeks for previously delivery checks . Changed my order to a sorento 4 , but the 3 is on the same boat.
Afternoon, just for a possible ball park, when did you order it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered it middle of August. Directly from kia dealer in Bolton. Had to phone him regularly for an update and I only found out of the availability of the 2 and 4 models 3 days ago. Suggest you try for a cancellation , or find out if your car is On the same ship.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
My order of a grey diesel 3 is now available for other customers, swapped for a hev 4 in red ( only colour they had available).
Red or blue best choice imo for colour! Shows the lines of the car more than grey or black.

Just out of interest, are they still offering any discounts on Sorentos or with the demand are they now full price?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts