Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was interviewed in Autocar magazine and said there is a two/three month wait for every Kia in UK, EXCEPT for Sorento for which the brand is recording "unbelievable demand that it couldn't have possibly forecast" - delivery times now into first quarter of 2022. So 6 month + wait.

Doesn't surprise me with the demand, car looks good (much better than a lot of the boring boxes on the road, including from the so called premium brands), decent size and good selection of engines.

·
Registered
48 Posts
He was interviewed in Autocar magazine and said there is a two/three month wait for every Kia in UK, EXCEPT for Sorento for which the brand is recording "unbelievable demand that it couldn't have possibly forecast" - delivery times now into first quarter of 2022. So 6 month + wait.

Doesn't surprise me with the demand, car looks good (much better than a lot of the boring boxes on the road, including from the so called premium brands), decent size and good selection of engines.
Great car, functionality and value.

Rare to see on U.K. roads, enjoy the exclusivity for now :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ordered my Sorento HEV4 back in May. I’ve been told it will now be a 2022 model and they’ve no idea at what point I’ll take delivery of it. I actually sold my GT line S to We buy any car last week in anticipation of getting the new one soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Sorento according to Kia Macedonia is stopped until Jan 24. Probably due to chip shortage

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered sorento 3 model diesel early August direct from Kia Bolton. As of early Sept car is not in production and best guess is between middle of November to middle of December.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my Sorento HEV4 back in May. I’ve been told it will now be a 2022 model and they’ve no idea at what point I’ll take delivery of it. I actually sold my GT line S to We buy any car last week in anticipation of getting the new one soon.
I ordered mine on 16th April and still no indication of when I'll get it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Funnily enough I had been talking to a lease company and they had a cancellation in June for July delivery but I hadn't driven the car by then so I said no, it was sold a few days later . I've been told by kia that they can check where the car is in production and give you an idea based on position

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I just bought a Sorento 4 and know of a dealership with a brand new one coming in at the end of Oct and a display one becoming available in a week. Both of them are grey. Both are around the £47k mark.

His name is Chris Atkins and the dealership is Kia, Ely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just phoned my kia dealer in Bolton and am told December delivery for the sorento 3 , but to phone in mid October as the car would be on its way to the ship or on the ship by then. Ordered early August 2021...

·
Registered
On order: 2022 Sorento 4 HEV.
4 Posts
Hi everyone. First forum post. I ordered a Sorento 4 back in April and whilst I’ve been told it’s “likely” it’ll be here November/December, the dealership has no firm information and can’t get any real indication from Kia. Have to say I’m less than impressed with the level of communication from either dealer or manufacturer. I had to chase them several times to even get them to confirm the delay. Still very much looking forward to the car, but it’s taken the shine off a little.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I’m less than impressed with the level of communication from either dealer or manufacturer.
Welcome to the forum, 'BromleyDave'.

It is hugely disappointing to commit to buying a new car, only to discover, eventually, that there is an abnormally long wait for delivery. While it is of no real comfort, my understanding is that several other leading carmakers are also hampered by the global shortage of electronic chips.

Unsurprisingly perhaps, the sale of nearly-new, 2nd-hand cars has taken off over recent months, such has been people's desperation to update to a newer car while avoiding the painful delay in the provision of new vehicles. Many, it seems, have opted to hold on to their existing car longer than they had ever contemplated and are now holding off for a battery-electric model as those are coming through thick and fast, albeit currently suffering the same chip shortage.

I agree with your complaint about the lack of communication from your chosen dealer and I'm sure those people could do much more by way of updated communication with those on waiting lists like yourself. Dealers really need to raise their game or some may find that they are out of business before long.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm told the waiting times are longer for 4 models as they have more chips than the 3 or 2 models for use in the sun roof etc . Apparently the cars may even be produced but are waiting for the chips. Totally agree that the dealers should and could do more. Can they not provide a secure status or update page? The first time of going direct to dealer and maybe the last time .

·
Registered
93 Posts
What would the dealer say? We have no further information, we have no further information, etc. I presume they will contact you when they actually have further information.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
What would the dealer say? We have no further information, we have no further information, etc.
That would be better than just doing nothing by way of communication. At least the customer might understand that the dealer hasn't just forgotten about the customer.......and it costs them nothing!

I certainly wouldn't be happy if, having paid a deposit on a car that was taking many months to ship to the UK, the only information I ever received was when I rang the dealer to enquire. Any dealer that failed to contact me just to let me know that they haven't forgotten about me would be unlikely to get any further business from me. It's about good customer relations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What would the dealer say? We have no further information, we have no further information, etc. I presume they will contact you when they actually have further information.
I think the point is that when the dealership became aware that cars were starting to be delayed, there was no effort to contact me. Had I not contacted the dealer (repeatedly before getting an answer) I wouldn't have actually known it was delayed in the first place until it failed to materialise on 1 September as planned. Subsequently I don't think its too much to ask for them to drop a quick email to say "just keeping you updated - no news as of yet but will continue to stay in touch" without me having to chase. That level of customer service is the least you should expect from a business wanting to retain a customer relationship - and the level at which every other manufacturer I've ordered a car through has operated at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning

Been a lurker on the forums a while but rarely ever post. :rolleyes:

I ordered my HEV 4 in black at the back end of April, was initially given a Sept date which has now been pushed back to early December being a best case scenario. Frustrating yes but understandable given the current issues

I don't hand my current car (VW Arteon) back until middle of Dec so I hope to have it by then. I'm new to Kia and have been impressed with how far they have come over the years.

I found with VW there was an app I could use to track the progress of the car, I can see Kia have a portal for dealers only, would be nice if there was an app that could tap into that info.

That being said, the last update I tried to push for showed there was no update on said portal for last 3 months😢. I have found the level of updates without badgering them as Inferior to several other car makers I've had, however, none have been during a chip shortage to be fair

For those of you that have received your cars, when did you order and when did you collect, just nice to try and get a ballpark figure to hope for.

Thanks for having me btw

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi New member here. I ordered my Sorento HEV 4 on 6 April 2021 and was told delivery would be in September. Dealer called in August, car to be built in September, for delivery in November. Dealer called today, delivery now April 2022. Unprecedented demand and chip shortages to blame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi New member here. I ordered my Sorento HEV 4 on 6 April 2021 and was told delivery would be in September. Dealer called in August, car to be built in September, for delivery in November. Dealer called today, delivery now April 2022. Unprecedented demand and chip shortages to blame.
Blimey, that’s terrible. Hope it doesn’t actually turn out to be that long - and hope I don’t get the same news from my dealer! Kia UK Customer Service we’re still saying Nov/Dec last week when I enquired via Twitter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Blimey, that’s terrible. Hope it doesn’t actually turn out to be that long - and hope I don’t get the same news from my dealer! Kia UK Customer Service we’re still saying Nov/Dec last week when I enquired via Twitter.
We are probably going to have to buy a used car and sell it when the Sorento turns up. We can't fit the dogs in my M3 and don't fancy pushing my luck on several planned trips to Scotland, touring and back in my dog car, an 04 plate Passat estate, 182,000 on the clock. The only replacement parts it has ever had are discs, pads, alternator and belts, so probably on borrowed time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning all
I ordered a black diesel 3 beginning of June and they told me at the time Christmas delivery!!! (Didn't say which Christmas though)...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts