Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In mid-November we ordered an EV6 and were given an estimate of 8-12 weeks for delivery. For some time now the dealer has been updating the expected delivery with successively further away dates until eventually conceding that they haven't really got any idea until the build begins and the VIN is created, then the car should be available around 8 weeks after that. A further call from the dealer just a few days ago (March 14th) has pushed back the expectation of delivery to 'December' due to the Ukraine invasion causing new delays (I was told it was resistors, but this seems like just more guessing).

I appreciate that world affairs have made this a very bad time to order a car, although COVID and the semiconductor shortage were already well established issues before the order was placed. I sadly accept that developments in Ukraine have come out of the blue and will almost certainly have had an effect on component manufacture and/or supply chains but I'd really like to know how I can get a more official delivery statement from Kia directly, rather than having to rely solely upon verbal updates from the dealer who I believe passes off wild guesses as factual statements.

TIA
Jon

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
19 Posts
In mid-November we ordered an EV6 and were given an estimate of 8-12 weeks for delivery. For some time now the dealer has been updating the expected delivery with successively further away dates until eventually conceding that they haven't really got any idea until the build begins and the VIN is created, then the car should be available around 8 weeks after that. A further call from the dealer just a few days ago (March 14th) has pushed back the expectation of delivery to 'December' due to the Ukraine invasion causing new delays (I was told it was resistors, but this seems like just more guessing).

I appreciate that world affairs have made this a very bad time to order a car, although COVID and the semiconductor shortage were already well established issues before the order was placed. I sadly accept that developments in Ukraine have come out of the blue and will almost certainly have had an effect on component manufacture and/or supply chains but I'd really like to know how I can get a more official delivery statement from Kia directly, rather than having to rely solely upon verbal updates from the dealer who I believe passes off wild guesses as factual statements.

TIA
Jon
Well that makes at least two of us @Zebster . My dealer hasn't even given me the official Kia order number yet, or I'd have emailed Kia UK by now!

Yacht Blue EV6 GT-line S AWD with Heat Pump ordered September 22nd 2021 now expected December 2022 :mad:

John.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that makes at least two of us @Zebster . My dealer hasn't even given me the official Kia order number yet, or I'd have emailed Kia UK by now!

Yacht Blue EV6 GT-line S AWD with Heat Pump ordered September 22nd 2021 now expected December 2022 :mad:

John.
I have an order number on paperwork given by the dealer to confirm the order. I had assumed this was also the Kia Order Number but now I'm wondering...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
i think every order has an order number attached to an order, i expect the order number you have on your paperwork is for the dealers ordering information and not kia ordering information

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Me too now. I only have the order number on a dealer sheet that I signed... Where should I get hold of the Kia order number?
That probably lies between the Dealer and KIA as that is the dealer you have the contract/order with to buy the vehicle from, not KIA, it is the dealer who orders it from KIA and i would assume KIA would then confirm the order with the dealer, then a contract to supply is born and then a KIA order number is created

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...I'd really like to know how I can get a more official delivery statement from Kia directly, rather than having to rely solely upon verbal updates from the dealer who I believe passes off wild guesses as factual statements
@Kia Customer Service - is there any advice you could give me please?

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
I would guess that dealer would have same info as KCS. As they will access the same order system. Unless Kia have released a Update to UK Kia that has not filtered down to dealers.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would guess that dealer would have same info as KCS. As they will access the same order system. Unless Kia have released a Update to UK Kia that has not filtered down to dealers.
I'm sure you're probably right and - in an ideal world - this could be a sensible course of action. Unfortunately (as I originally hinted at) I have lost faith in statements or advice given by the dealer:
...I'd really like to know how I can get a more official delivery statement from Kia directly, rather than having to rely solely upon verbal updates from the dealer who I believe passes off wild guesses as factual statements.
My trust in the dealer isn't helped by their avoidance in ever responding in kind to my emails, preferring to reply via telephone and then subsequently claiming that these verbal statements may have been misinterpreted.

It seems as though most of us awaiting delivery have been told 'December'. It seems unlikely to me that such a huge volume of outstanding deliveries could all be made during October, so obviously - on top of all the previous slippages - I do have doubts in the latest delivery update. If Kia could be honest about not having a firm build/delivery schedule then I'll cancel my order and move on. I think they may realise this?

Reactions: 52805 and iooi

·
Registered
EV6 GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
19 Posts
I'm sure you're probably right and - in an ideal world - this could be a sensible course of action. Unfortunately (as I originally hinted at) I have lost faith in statements or advice given by the dealer: My trust in the dealer isn't helped by their avoidance in ever responding in kind to my emails, preferring to reply via telephone and then subsequently claiming that these verbal statements may have been misinterpreted.

It seems as though most of us awaiting delivery have been told 'December'. It seems unlikely to me that such a huge volume of outstanding deliveries could all be made during October, so obviously - on top of all the previous slippages - I do have doubts in the latest delivery update. If Kia could be honest about not having a firm build/delivery schedule then I'll cancel my order and move on. I think they may realise this?
I second that!

My dealer is also not giving me any feedback - I understand that there are delays, but total silence is not acceptable.

It also hurts that I'm seeing EV6's now rolloing into the USA while KIA still have outstanding UK orders from as far back as May last year.

John.

Reactions: BillyC and Zebster

·
Registered
2022 Xceed 3 1.5 petrol manual in phantom Black
32 Posts
I ordered an XCeed 3 in February and was shown a list on-screen with March 20th. When I checked a couple of weeks ago the screen showed April 4th/5th. But I'm only getting this info by going into the showroom and asking. If I email it tends to be ignored.

All customers seem t want is to be kept up to date with where their purchase is at.

I don't have a car at the moment as my existing lease was up 14th March. I may reluctantly end up looking at alternatives if pushed back further with no info.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I don't have a car at the moment as my existing lease was up 14th March. I may reluctantly end up looking at alternatives if pushed back further with no info.
The chances of getting a new vehicle quicker with a different manufacturer may mean having to wait even longer than you`re having to wait now, I know it is annoying and frustrating and in a while you will have your new vehicle and the wait will be a thing of the past..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just seen a letter from Kia UK regarding the Current delivery delays posted on a Facebook forum, which several members claim no have received. It blames the worldwide semiconductor shortage issue but also Brexit (which, much as it's crap, surely can't be to blame for this?) And no mention whatsoever of the Ukrainian situation!

Have downloaded it and would post it here, but unfortunately the forum 'add picture' button is greyed out.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Hi Jon

We're sorry delivery estimates have had to be revised. As you mention, this has been caused by recent developments in Europe causing further component supply issues on top of the ongoing semi-conductor shortage. Kia UK are providing all dealers with a supply chain update every few weeks so they can pass on expectations to customers.

We'd ask that customers contact their dealer for the latest delivery estimate as this can vary depending on grade and variant on order.

We'd appreciate it if you could PM us with a copy of that letter so we can check the source.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Jon

We're sorry delivery estimates have had to be revised. As you mention, this has been caused by recent developments in Europe causing further component supply issues on top of the ongoing semi-conductor shortage. Kia UK are providing all dealers with a supply chain update every few weeks so they can pass on expectations to customers.

We'd ask that customers contact their dealer for the latest delivery estimate as this can vary depending on grade and variant on order.

We'd appreciate it if you could PM us with a copy of that letter so we can check the source.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk

Hi KCS

Nope, just tried and I'm unable to make attachments to PMs either! I'm happy to email it if you provide an address.

The message is to a Mr Wells and is signed by a Mohammed Rabnawaz, Customer Service Advisor, Kia UK Limited.

Maybe this link to the Facebook post will work? Войдите на Facebook

·
Read Only
66 Posts
Hi Jon

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk

I and many others on this forum would find it extremely helpful if Kia could provide some details about your current production rates.

The difference between an estimate and a guess is that an estimate is generally based on evidence or data. What Kia appear to be doing with regards to delivery dates is guessing.

Stop guessing and give us some actual insight into how long we are likely to be waiting. Your assertion to Auto Express that Ceed models and their variants were c.8 weeks from order to delivery was a complete lie.

I ordered in early September with an initial delivery guess of December. We have a baby due in April and I need a car, but I was willing to wait for the revised guess of February. Then it was March. Now it's July.

Notwithstanding the deeply tragic Ukraine developments, the chip shortage and Brexit have been known about for years. This is why you've prioritised the higher margin Sportage and EV6 models.

I now need to buy a used car at an even more inflated price because of your inability to provide any meaningful insight into when the car will be manufactured. Furious and still awaiting your latest guess.

·
Registered
2022 Xceed 3 1.5 petrol manual in phantom Black
32 Posts
The chances of getting a new vehicle quicker with a different manufacturer may mean having to wait even longer than you`re having to wait now, I know it is annoying and frustrating and in a while you will have your new vehicle and the wait will be a thing of the past..
Yes, I guess so. Anyone have any idea if whether a VIN/Chassis number means it's actually being built or does having those not mean that?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts