Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered my GT lineS last November and have now been told first quarter 2023 so if you can get yours in December consider that is better than some are been told, but i suspect if you interrogate your dealer he should show you an email that states possible December but more likely first quarter 2023.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered GTLine S AWD with HP 1st December and have messaged Kia (Dealer unable/unwilling to give any dates) and had the below back…..

Attachments

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,958 Posts
I ordered GTLine S AWD with HP 1st December and have messaged Kia (Dealer unable/unwilling to give any dates) and had the below back…..
Not good from your perspective but at least they are being straight with you and not telling a load of porkies!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not good from your perspective but at least they are being straight with you and not telling a load of porkies!
I suspect this date will move…..I was told when I placed the order in December that estimated delivery would be March/April…this then changed to May…..this then changed to July/August…..this then changed to October…..this then changed to current date (Q4)….this I suspect from some other people on this forum will be Q1 at the moment🙈🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
18 Posts
I suspect this date will move…..I was told when I placed the order in December that estimated delivery would be March/April…this then changed to May…..this then changed to July/August…..this then changed to October…..this then changed to current date (Q4)….this I suspect from some other people on this forum will be Q1 at the moment🙈🤷🏻‍♂️
You are possibly correct, I ordered my EV6 on 17th January 2022, same spec. as you, and was given the exact date for delivery of 28th March 2022! I have the order form from the dealer with that date appended. Within 2 weeks I was told it would be July/August 2022. Then, just before Easter, I was informed that that timing had slipped to February/March 2023! A 13 or 14 month delivery period! He also stated that the price we negotiated back in January will still stand regardless of overall price increases in the interim period. He couldn't say the same for spec. changes as the vehicle will now be a MY2023 and the dealership has no influence over that. Dealer has been good and kept me up to date with information as and when he gets it (and I believe he is proactive in getting it). But it isn't necessarily what any of us want to hear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You are possibly correct, I ordered my EV6 on 17th January 2022, same spec. as you, and was given the exact date for delivery of 28th March 2022! I have the order form from the dealer with that date appended. Within 2 weeks I was told it would be July/August 2022. Then, just before Easter, I was informed that that timing had slipped to February/March 2023! A 13 or 14 month delivery period! He also stated that the price we negotiated back in January will still stand regardless of overall price increases in the interim period. He couldn't say the same for spec. changes as the vehicle will now be a MY2023 and the dealership has no influence over that. Dealer has been good and kept me up to date with information as and when he gets it (and I believe he is proactive in getting it). But it isn't necessarily what any of us want to hear.
My dealer has also said that any price increases after my order date would not apply….however I do wonder if they will ‘reduce’ my part exchange valuation to absorb any price increases…..they would not give a confirmed valuation for my part exchange, only an estimation due to the time between order and estimated delivery. Only confirming Part/ex valuation when new car is in build.🤷🏻‍♂️🙈

·
Registered
6 Posts
Car manufacturers are at the bottom of the list as far as semiconductor companies are concerned. They only had collectively less than 20% of semiconductor market before the Covid crisis and then abandoned them for a year.
Most industries worldwide have now ramped up production back to normal as the world recovers from Covid so demand for semiconductors is higher than it has been for nearly 3 years. However semiconductor production remains the same. The current lead times for semiconductors is now 6 months. That has doubled since Q3 2020.
Kia can't do anything about it and knowing dealerships they are as clueless as we are.
The only thing in your favour is that an EV6 has a bigger premium on it than other Kia cars so priority will go to them rather than a Cee'd for instance where the profit is less. You can see that across the industry, Land Rover cars get priority over Jaguar for parts for instance.
There's no point in looking elsewhere really because the situation is the same wherever you go so be patient, the joy of a new car will be even greater after such a long wait! 😂

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a gt line s awd with heat pump on order from middle of Feb 22 i've been told August delivery, but not going to hold my breath for that date. it's a pearl white one weather that will make any difference on delivery timings.
Does it make any difference from the size of the dealerships on priority of orders? i'm guessing probably not but i guess you can live in hope lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've got a gt line s awd with heat pump on order from middle of Feb 22 i've been told August delivery, but not going to hold my breath for that date. it's a pearl white one weather that will make any difference on delivery timings.
Does it make any difference from the size of the dealerships on priority of orders? i'm guessing probably not but i guess you can live in hope lol
I assume you mean August 2023?🤣….because as far as I’m aware from my dealer all orders that have been placed since Jan. ‘22 are minimum 12months, especially with the top spec model (excluding the yet to be released high performance GT).

I ordered same spec as you Dec. ’21 and Kia U.K. have told me build sometime Q3 2022 and delivery Q4 2022

Orders are delivered based on spec. and date of order (oldest first)….higher spec also seems to be slower coming through🙈

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your order has the biggest premium, the most profit for Kia, but we've seen from others here and in the UK forum that the waiting list for the top model is a year at least. It has the biggest amount of gadgets and gadgets are in such short supply.
As I understand it, dealerships are allocated slots by the manufacturer which in part is due to their size and past sales. These slots are, at the moment, limited and have to be fulfilled. Failure to do so results in the number of slots bring reduced, hence the crazy discounts we used to get in the past at the end of the month for some cars when a dealership found itself short.
But in the present day I don't think any of this has the same weight it used to have.
So, you'll get it when you get it. Kia don't know when, they can't unfortunately.
By the way the date of your order has no bearing. I've seen some orders at Jaguar come through in 4 months whilst others who have waited much longer get them cancelled 3 times having waited a year. There are 2 main limiting factors, availability of the gadgets and associated electronics, and profitability.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered my EV6 GT-Line S AWD with heat pump in the first week of November with an estimated delivery of early April. Earlier this month neither the dealer nor his Regional Manager could give me any information about when I might expect delivery so I wrote, not emailed as shown in the Kia UK email below, to Paul Philpott, President & CEO of Kia UK, basically saying that, whilst we all acceprt that the shortage of semiconductors is causing problems in delivery schedules, Kia and Kia UK have a lot to learn about customer relations and customer satisfaction. They have to start being pro-active in keeping customers informed as best they can instead of completely ignoring us until a letter drops on the CEO's desk. I had a reply from Kia Customer Services within a week and it is copied below - production of my EV6 is scheduled for the week commecing 9 May, delivery early July...but with two paragraphs of "get out of jail free" statements....

We shall see whether the production schedule actually happens!

Dear ........

Thanks for your recent contact.

Thank you for emailing Paul Philpott, our President & CEO. Paul has asked me to respond on his behalf, I’ll be your point of contact throughout the remainder of your complaint.

I'm sorry that we’ve not yet been able to deliver your new Kia EV6 GT-Line S and we understand the frustration this can cause.

I have been informed production is scheduled for your vehicle week commencing 9th May and ETA for delivery is the beginning of July.

All delivery dates are estimates and can be subject to change. Whilst we always endeavour to build and deliver our vehicles to the original estimated timelines, however, the current issues with global supply chains and semiconductor shortages are impacting our ability to build and ship cars to these timings.

Unfortunately, therefore, any dates given (including future dates) are subject to change. Your dealer will keep you updated on delivery dates once they have the relevant information.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or call us on 0333 2022 990.

Kind Regards

EDIT: apparently a bulletin went out to dealers yesterday from Kia about lead times and managing customers expectations........maybe writing to the CEO complaining about exactly that had some impact.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered my EV6 GT-Line S AWD with heat pump in the first week of November with an estimated delivery of early April. Earlier this month neither the dealer nor his Regional Manager could give me any information about when I might expect delivery so I wrote, not emailed as shown in the Kia UK email below, to Paul Philpott, President & CEO of Kia UK, basically saying that, whilst we all acceprt that the shortage of semiconductors is causing problems in delivery schedules, Kia and Kia UK have a lot to learn about customer relations and customer satisfaction. They have to start being pro-active in keeping customers informed as best they can instead of completely ignoring us until a letter drops on the CEO's desk. I had a reply from Kia Customer Services within a week and it is copied below - production of my EV6 is scheduled for the week commecing 9 May, delivery early July...but with two paragraphs of "get out of jail free" statements....

We shall see whether the production schedule actually happens!

Dear ........

Thanks for your recent contact.

Thank you for emailing Paul Philpott, our President & CEO. Paul has asked me to respond on his behalf, I’ll be your point of contact throughout the remainder of your complaint.

I'm sorry that we’ve not yet been able to deliver your new Kia EV6 GT-Line S and we understand the frustration this can cause.

I have been informed production is scheduled for your vehicle week commencing 9th May and ETA for delivery is the beginning of July.

All delivery dates are estimates and can be subject to change. Whilst we always endeavour to build and deliver our vehicles to the original estimated timelines, however, the current issues with global supply chains and semiconductor shortages are impacting our ability to build and ship cars to these timings.

Unfortunately, therefore, any dates given (including future dates) are subject to change. Your dealer will keep you updated on delivery dates once they have the relevant information.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or call us on 0333 2022 990.

to
Kind Regards

EDIT: apparently a bulletin went out to dealers yesterday from Kia about lead times and managing customers expectations........maybe writing to the CEO complaining about exactly that had some impact.
I’ve had a similar email when I emailed customer services (almost word for word) without the specific dates (which i hope for you dont change), so would suggest that your letter has gone to customer services and not to the CEO.
Also your additional edit about an apparent bulletin my dealer as of late yesterday afternoon my dealer has not heard anything recently from Kia U.K. apart from telling NEW customers when to expect delivery (prior to ordering)…..and all of us who’ve already ordered have all been there and many (if not all) are still waiting beyond the date they were originally told.
After my discussion with dealer yesterday it’s going to just have to be it will eventually turn up and just enjoy it when it does.

Reactions: Newbie to Kia

·
Registered
4 Posts
BillyC - I fully expected my letter to be dealt with by customer services but at least it was opened in the CEO's office - I doubt whether he read it but his PA probably did and passed it down. In the past couple of years I've written complaint letters to the BT CEO and MD of Boots Hearingcare and both yielded results which I had failed to achieve by dealing at customer service level on my own. I see your order was four weeks after mine - hope your delivery date is no longer than that number of weeks after I hopefully get mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts