Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to delete channels from the Radio? I don't want to replace one with another, but to remove it. Happy to blat the lot and start afresh if necessary.

Thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Anyone know how to delete channels from the Radio? I don't want to replace one with another, but to remove it. Happy to blat the lot and start afresh if necessary.

Thanks.
I don't think there is any mechanism.
I have spent some time looking myself.
I was hoping that the recent SW update may have addressed this but it seems still to be a deficiency, so starting afresh seems to be the only way - I'll be pleased to be proved wrong.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Radiorail - so next question is: how would I go about 'starting afresh'? (other than disconnecting the battery!)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
how would I go about 'starting afresh'? (other than disconnecting the battery!)
Not long ago, I contrived to delete all my radio stations on the 'favourites' tab. I can't quite remember how I achieved that but I seem to remember turning off the fuse switch for some reason but I can't remember what is was!:scratch:

If I'm right, then turning off the fuse switch has the same effect on radio matters as disconnecting the battery. It's not such a big deal to re-arrange new stations to the numbers on the 'favourites' tab and it gave me the opportunity to ensure I have Radio 2 on FM on #2 so that I can receive travel information from the various local stations within reach when I have R2 selected.

If there is nothing in the owners' handbook to inform you of any procedure for deleting stations, then replacement is the way to go. From the 'list' tab, it is possible to select any station you wish and by pressing the button on the end of the line, (it has a cross on it), that allows for the selection of any number already populated by another station in the 'favourites' tab.

At the back of my mind, I have a feeling that in the early days of my Optima ownership, I did come across a method by which one could delete stations from the 'favourites' tab. Needless to say, if I did, then I have long since forgotten it!

I have a feeling that you probably know all that anyway but I thought it might be worth mentioning.:smile:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks Radiorail - so next question is: how would I go about 'starting afresh'? (other than disconnecting the battery!)
I think there is clear all setting in a sub menu. Will look next time I'm in car. Pretty sure you dont have to disconnect anything.

Looked at car try Settings/System Info/Default/Default will clear everything (in principle) so Bluetooth etc will need to be reinserted.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ended up using the option to wipe all user data. Only took a few minutes to get everything re-entered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts