Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I phoned my dealer the other day as i'd heard nothing since order in Feb. They told me between aug and jan so i'm expecting feb 1 year from order date.
Well at least i'm half way through the wait

·
Registered
26 Posts
No mate I agree my issue is they said they'd stand by the deal now squirming and they really have no idea when the damn car will be built as far as I can make out!
Of course your dealer has no idea, why would they? Kia also have no idea. That's the world situation at the moment and it's not getting better.
Think yourself lucky. You will get this car eventually at the price you agreed on and the spec as agreed. Many other manufacturers including the world's largest have stopped building certain models altogether and in other models they have reduced the amount of technology. In the US they are not sticking to the manufacturer's price as in the UK.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Main dealers are hacked off with the situation too. For them it's a financial AND potential customers loss. Irrespective of which car brand you are talking about. My local Kia dealer also has 3 other main franchises and they are not getting cars on time from any of them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did read or saw somwhere that hyundai were removing bits of the tech from their 22 model for the 23 version only minor sensors i believe but as kia and hyundai are closely tied hopefully this does not transfer to kia, this is down to the chip issue.
So even though you purchased a 22 build spec i believe if you've not been given a delivery date soon,you will get a 23 spec car as they start those builds around Aug/Sept

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agreed.
If you signed nothing and paid nothing then you don't have an official order and can't expect Kia to honour any price prior to the rise.
Agreed. If you haven't signed a form and paid a deposit you don't have an order. You also do not have a relationship with a dealer. And when you do you'll have to pay the new price. Simple consumer law I'm afraid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having placed my order for an EV6 GT Line (with heat pump) in Dec 21 with an estimated delivery date of 30th June 22, I received a call from the dealership informing me that there would be a delay and my new estimated delivery date was August 22. OK I was dissapointed but with everything else that's going on in the world in the general scheme of things it wasn't disastrous.

However I got a call from the dealership yesterday apologising yet again but there would be another delay, this time the estimated delivery was Dec 22 a full year since placing my order - wow!!! I wonder how much interest the dealership / Kia have made from my substantial deposit made in good faith?

I'd be interested to hear from others with a similar experience. Especially those that have ordered a similar spec car at roughly the same time or more interestingly after my order date (17th Dec 21) and have now received their car?

Thanks in advance

Mark
Having placed my order for an EV6 GT Line (with heat pump) in Dec 21 with an estimated delivery date of 30th June 22, I received a call from the dealership informing me that there would be a delay and my new estimated delivery date was August 22. OK I was dissapointed but with everything else that's going on in the world in the general scheme of things it wasn't disastrous.

However I got a call from the dealership yesterday apologising yet again but there would be another delay, this time the estimated delivery was Dec 22 a full year since placing my order - wow!!! I wonder how much interest the dealership / Kia have made from my substantial deposit made in good faith?

I'd be interested to hear from others with a similar experience. Especially those that have ordered a similar spec car at roughly the same time or more interestingly after my order date (17th Dec 21) and have now received their car?

Thanks in advance

Mark
Hi Mark I’m in a similar position as yourself having ordered a ev6 gt in red with heat pump last dec and have just received an email saying that it was not in production and so will not be delivered in August as promised. I had also been quoted a delivery in may as well. Disappointed but can wait as long as it takes as I think it’s still one of the best Ev,s on the market and also a lot of the bugs will have been ironed out while we wait.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Of course your dealer has no idea, why would they? Kia also have no idea. That's the world situation at the moment and it's not getting better.
Think yourself lucky. You will get this car eventually at the price you agreed on and the spec as agreed. Many other manufacturers including the world's largest have stopped building certain models altogether and in other models they have reduced the amount of technology. In the US they are not sticking to the manufacturer's price as in the UK.
Cancelled (sadly) pick up a new VW T-roc next Friday. Very disappointed but 7 month wait plus being told maybe December but maybe not I decided to chuck it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Late in here, but ordered a leased GT-Line in White Pearl in April 22 and was told expected November 22. After reading posts here I have made contingency to extend current lease of Hyundai Ioniq, just in case. Was contacted yesterday to be informed by leasing company that my car may be available September/October, which was a pleasant surprise so maybe things are starting to move a bit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered on the last day of march for the gtl, was expecting 2023 but had heard nothing since April, gave the dealer a nudge, more to ensure they are awake and am told expected to the dealer in October.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ordered on the last day of march for the gtl, was expecting 2023 but had heard nothing since April, gave the dealer a nudge, more to ensure they are awake and am told expected to the dealer in October.
Hope your dealer is correct👍….just bear in mind that it will only be a ‘guesstimate’ until you have a build date on the system and a VIN number and from that date it will be approx 8-10 weeks to dealer (unless you get someone’s cancelled order already on its way)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hope your dealer is correct👍….just bear in mind that it will only be a ‘guesstimate’ until you have a build date on the system and a VIN number and from that date it will be approx 8-10 weeks to dealer (unless you get someone’s cancelled order already on its way)
I was expecting next year so am a little shocked.
I am guessing they won’t be far off from having all the details.

November would be great as it would avoid a service on my current car, but we’ll see.
Does anyone else ordered in March have any dates from their dealer at all?

·
Registered
Order: EV6 GT Line S in Runway Red with heat pump (26 Mar 22) Delivery: not even God knows …☹️)
10 Posts
November would be great as it would avoid a service on my current car, but we’ll see.
Does anyone else ordered in March have any dates from their dealer at all?
I ordered at the end of March, last ‘date’ I got from dealer was ‘July to December’, so less useful than a chocolate teapot. However last time I talked to them in early July, while they wouldn’t give any dates (other than confirm that July and August weren’t going to happen) they did mention Kia we’re looking to open a second production line which would speed things up. My current car is due a service in mid-September, so October would be annoyingly just too late! :)

·
Registered
GTL RWD HP in Red - expected Sept 22
5 Posts
I ordered mid March, expecting Q1 ‘23, but had a call from the dealer that the car is now built and awaiting shipping for late September.

·
Registered
2019 Stinger GT-Line (waiting impatiently for EV6 GTLS RWD)
1 Posts
I ordered mid March, expecting Q1 ‘23, but had a call from the dealer that the car is now built and awaiting shipping for late September.
This is where the lack of information and transparency from Kia is so frustrating, because - assuming your dealer is telling the truth and not spinning you a yarn (or just mistaken) - that'll mean you get yours 6-ish months from ordering, whereas I ordered a GTLS RWD end of November 21, and still have no build date :(

Thanks for fast response. It seems the delay is with the AWD variant only.
I wouldn't bank on it; mine's RWD and still in the aether somewhere!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts