Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does any body knowhow or what do you have to do to change the head light beam for driving in europe I have a 2005 sorent xs. I don't think you can get thedeflector stickers for this typeof headlight

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but it seems a bit difficult due to youwould have to make an adjustment on the ferry each way and no way of doing the lining up. but useful to keeping a check on lights anyway

·
Registered
93 Posts
Use these

Cheap and simple to apply and remove.

They do not alter beam they just block the beams left hand throw, so that you dont dazzle oncoming traffic while driving on the right.

Always available at Halfords or on board the ferry. The instructions will list the sorento 05 and describe where to stick em

·
Registered
207 Posts
I used the beam deflectors on my Carens a few times. They work fine but are quite expensive at around £7.00!

I recently bought some headlamp protectors for the Carens and these have the blanking area marked out with a thin black line so next time it'll be a case of stick some tape on!(They come with one set of cut out sticky back black plastic)

If you intend regular continental trips then look to see if they do protectors for your sorento as I'm sure they'll also be marked out.If you don't want to use them in the UK then keep them in the garage and just pop them over the headlights when you travel.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I dont honestly think £6 or £7 is expensive compared to the cost of a european trip,but agree black tape will do fine as long as you know the right position.

We go to france several times a yearso I just leave mine on permanently.

By the way if you do buy a set make sure you get the UK version......

On the ferry they supply both types - Obvously Johny foreigner come to to UK and needs them as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Vehicles from the other EU countries do not need beam benders or masking as their headlamps have a flat beam not one with a kick up like ours.

Steve W

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all Got some head light covers with marks for beam deflectors that come with them, just a matter of clip on, on the ferry, take coming back what could easier

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi john171,

pleased they had protectors for your vehicle. Makes life a lot easier!

I admit I keep my protectors on the car but it only takes seconds to stick some black tape on them when we go to France - usually in the hotelcar-parkthe night before we travel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts