Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I’m after some advice I have a 2016 1.6 gt line that I bought as a pre reg with 10 miles on the clock. My mileage is fairly low, 17k in 3 years.

it’s on a pcp deal coming to an end in a few months. Really love the car, only issue has been replacement tires that were unexpected costing £850 for 4.

I normally change the car every 3 years but thinking of keeping this one. Any advice on potential expected costs moving forward was thinking year 4 service, brake pads etc.

Any advice appreciated to help inform my decision.

cheers Gary

·
Registered
694 Posts
I kept my 66 after the PCP contract. Paid the balloon and am happy I made that decision. My PCP allowance more than makes up for incidentals such as servicing, brakes and tires. I did make sure that I had new tires and a full service while it was still under the PCP which also covered maintenance. Having the 7 year warranty was also a major factor in my decision to keep it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Did you say £850 for 4 tyres :eek::eek:, I replaced mine on all my Sportages with the same the car came with for £125 per corner.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Financially it is a no brainer. With only that low mileage and new tyres fitted keep it.

·
Banned
73 Posts
Agree about Avons, my 67 Sportage came with Continentals which lasted 18 thousand miles, have now covered 12 k miles with the Avons, my first Sportage came on Hancooc which were still on the car when I changed it at 34 k , with the new car which should come next week I have told the dealer I don't want it supplied on Continentals

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
with the new car which should come next week I have told the dealer I don't want it supplied on Continentals
be sure to either get the original Continentals back or get the price of replacements knocked off your deal, my brother in law asked the same thing on a new Mitsubishi L200 pick up truck he was buying at the time and when he got his final invoice he was charged full whack for 4 brand new tyres AND they kept the 4 brand new ones that were taken off, he questioned them about it and to cut a long story short they claimed a 3rd party had replaced the tyres and they would get them back, that was 2 years ago now and he has heard nothing!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Thanks for the advice , they have said some GT Lines come on Continental and some come on Hancooks , so will swap wheels over from another car
my previous Sportage (2016) had hankook tyres on and managed 34k on a set before having new ones fitted, my current one (2019) has Continental tyres on, it will be interesting th see what sort of mileage they can produce before replacement...
then again it may not always be the best advice to give regarding tyres on how many miles one can achieve, you may want to consider personal preference, grip, what are they like in the wet, stopping distances, the choice is always yours

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I kept my 66 after the PCP contract. Paid the balloon and am happy I made that decision. My PCP allowance more than makes up for incidentals such as servicing, brakes and tires. I did make sure that I had new tires and a full service while it was still under the PCP which also covered maintenance. Having the 7 year warranty was also a major factor in my decision to keep it.
Cheers for your opinion. I’m thinking this is probably what I’ll end up doing. The car will be close to 4 year old and the final payment will be £9k

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey everyone

the car came with conti sports and lasted just under 11k.

in terms of the tyres i got stung (and fully aware of this ?). It was between Christmas and new year last year got a puncture that was not repairable (large screw near the sidewall). The garage found same on the other side.

never checked the front tyres for a while and both were on the legal limit. Needed to order the tyres overnight delivery as was traveling the following day hence the whopping price for Dunlop’s.

learnt a valuable lesson ??, check tyre pressures and tread level regularly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts