Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to go for a 4 WD petrol! I'm in no immediate hurry to buy as I need to find the best deal.

If any dealers are looking in and want to make me an offer I can't refuse please send me a personal message

Al

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Paul.

A petrol car fits into our motoring style - ie mostly short runs, apart from summer weekends and holidays. Average annual mileage is 8,000 pa.

Too many problems associated with modern diesels (allegedly) and the diesel is more expensive to buy. Whilst the 7 year warranty is great there is still hassle involved if any problems did arise.

I'm talking as someone who does a lot of poking around on the internet and not from any experience of having owned a diesel. All my cars (20 odd since 1967(!) have had petrol engines and I can honestly say that the only thing that has ever let us down was a flat battery - and that was on our latest - 2003 Focus.

We do tow a small caravan and initially I was really keen to get the diesel but I'm sure the 2.0 petrol will be up to the job.

Al

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PS: But I would still be interested to know if anyone thinks a diesel would suit us based on the above.

Al

Al

·
Registered
11 Posts
its your choice as you say but,the crdi engine is much better suited to towing my caravan is quite light 1025 kgs and i was towing with a new shape 1.8 avensis 130 bhp it was a bit of a struggle on hills and could get quite stressfull on occasions,we then bought a new 08 2.0l crdi 4wd xs sportage and you would not belive the difference the six speed box is exellent ,ride and allround feel of the car is good, very comfortable to drive,its coming up to 18 months old now and ive only done 8,500 miles.ps i live in gwent south wales but bought my sportage from burton on trent kia dealers use the net and also ring around you will be supprised at the savings to be made i got a 2,300 discount off the list price and that was before the credit crunch struck,happy hunting.h

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Diolch yn fawr!

Well, really speaking you were in the same position as I am now. I have a 1.8 Focus with less bhp than an Avensis so you can imagine why I want to change. You have put me back to square one in a way, but rather now than after I've made a potential mistake. Where's the Ibuprofen?!

Many thanks,
Al

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Al

I'm now on my second Sportage, both modelsthe 2.0 CRDi engines. My latest is the newer diesel engine with the 6 speed gear box. I cannot fault either engine and the latest engine is even better still, with a hell of a lot of low range torque.

I test drove the petrol and it is gutless in comparrison. I cannot see why anyone would choose the petrol over the diesel. I would certainly recommend you take a test drive of the diesel Al, you won't regret it

Regards

Matt

·
Registered
662 Posts
have to say diesels the way to go i have had 15 sportages now only two petrols and i could not wait to get out of them diesels are much better towing especialy the 6 speed late model cars far better on economy (whilst towing) they are the pick of the bunch as the comments above show pity you missed the reduced VAT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts