Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a phone call out of the blue last night from the local Kia dealership. Apparently there are not enough 2nd hand Stingers available and would I be interested in selling mine towards a new one. Either :-
1) This is genuine and might be a good opportunity to get a new car again for not too much money or
2) They actually have too many new Stingers to shift and are trying to make up sales numbers before the end of the year.

I'm popping in tomorrow morning to see what they have to say. What do you reckon?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Apparently there are not enough 2nd hand Stingers available and would I be interested in selling mine towards a new one.
From what I understand, the Stinger model has failed to sell in the numbers KIA had hoped for when they launched it in Europe. Given that they have decided to rationalise the model line-up for 2020, I'd hazard that the sales team at that dealership are using an imaginative tactic in the hope of meeting or exceeding a target before Christmas and banking a nice little bit of bonus.

They have to try and cover all bases in a very competitive market place.

·
Registered
451 Posts
3 months ago I was in my dealers discussing a new Stinger he showed me on his screen there was only a handful of Stingers at the holding center and they were all red ones, he then phoned Kia and was told if I wanted a new car the production line for the UK stinger was due to start late November so the earliest I could get one would be early January 2020, interested to hear what your dealer says when he can get one, I'm still waiting, on the good side looks like second hand Stingers are holding there money.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Certainly #2 There are a good amount of second-hand ones about.
Prices do appear to be good though, judging from my trade in, but that might have been particular to that dealer, as another offered me a lot less !

Either way it can't hurt to find out what they put on the table.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi David did they say when Stingers are in, also what was the deal etc

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi David did they say when Stingers are in, also what was the deal etc
The deal was £25k for my car + £1.4k 'loyalty bonus' minus the full cost + paint + service plan etc. I said there was no point talking any further.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be honest, I just didn't like him from the moment I met him. From the attempt at a dominant hand shake, the tongue piercing and asking me questions about the car that he could have easily looked up himself beforehand. The likelihood of me selling the car was very slim indeed.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If your dealer starts with a B, I went to the same group near me, after 1 hour of playing games I walked out! 2 weeks later he phoned me offered a deal better then I had got from another dealer and I had great pleasure in telling him to poke it where the sun doesn't shine 😛

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If your dealer starts with a B, I went to the same group near me, after 1 hour of playing games I walked out! 2 weeks later he phoned me offered a deal better then I had got from another dealer and I had great pleasure in telling him to poke it where the sun doesn't shine 😛
I won't say who it was, but I can confirm it starts with 'B' and ends in 'rayleys'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts