Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat on the fence waiting for "the bargain" but seen a company on the internet who will neg a cheap price with the dealer for you at no charge - sounds to good to be true - specially when they offer £3k discounts - just wondered if anyone tried them - its broadspeed.com

Any adice welcome - thanks

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Yes, shop around.

Having said that, we tried dealers from Gloucestershire to Sheffield and the best they could offer us was £1000 off. We used a broker in the end and saved around £3.5k.

Beware of the brokers that ask for the money up front before delivery. Only pay for the car once you have had a chance to inspect it and you have the keys in your hand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi used a Manchester based internet dealer, only paid deposit of £1,000, balance paid when I received the car, £3,000 saved. Hassle free.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I,m using buyacar.co.uk . I am still waiting for the car, But everything seems fine so far. Will update when it turns up.

Gaz.

·
Registered
31 Posts
gazbo said:
I,m using buyacar.co.uk . I am still waiting for the car, But everything seems fine so far. Will update when it turns up.

Gaz.

i used them Gaz bit of time waited to get the car but that's the same as any dealer,got the car delivered all no problem,log book came through few months later never had any problems with insurance(not being the name on the log book) like some people say.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Tim22325 said:
Hi,

Check out autoebid

That's who we used.

We reckon we got a good deal as we got the fee down to £150 with no deposit needed and arranged a part exchange on our old car too, which saved a lot of hassle. We turned up in the old car, inspected the Sportage, paid the agreed price and drove off in it.

Very straightforward and less than three weeks from decision to buy to having it sitting on the drive.

Edited by: Techno

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ordered our car from Buyacar.co.uk December 2010, took delivery in July 2011, and saved over £4,000 for the K3 2L Diesel Auto SatNav on the book price. They took our existing car in part exchange and they held the price for the full seven months we had to wait for delivery. We cannot fault them.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
IIRC Buyacar were the cheapest when we were looking but, unless we collected the car from their London offices, they wanted the money a few days before they would deliver the car. I wasn't happy with that so asked Autoebid if they would match Buyacar's price. They did, by cutting their fee, so we went with them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We used Cort Vehicle Contracts, agreed to be shown as the second owner on the logbook even though we took a brand new car and saved nearly £4k.

·
Registered
145 Posts
smithouse said:
We used Cort Vehicle Contracts, agreed to be shown as the second owner on the logbook even though we took a brand new car and saved nearly £4k.
When did your warranty start?

·
Registered
413 Posts
My car arrives Wednesday bought from Lloyds TSB car select. I'm the first owner and I got a good discount. They are taking my old car p/ex and delivering it to my door on a trailer. I've used them before and would highly recommend them.
Can't stand all the chew that goes with using a dealer. I almost bought a tiguan but the vw dealer was purely after stitching me up, in the end I have paid less and got a top of the range car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't forget most brokers will supply the car 'trade registered' so you will not be the first owner and it may take 6months to get V5. Which some insurance companies are funny about and I know one mate who never got the V5, the finance company that bought it originally went bust and it caused endless hassle.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
mps12 said:
Don't forget most brokers will supply the car 'trade registered' so you will not be the first owner and it may take 6months to get V5. Which some insurance companies are funny about and I know one mate who never got the V5, the finance company that bought it originally went bust and it caused endless hassle.

If it doesn't arrive quickly, you just need to apply for it from the DVLA. We didn't have to wait six months and it wasn't a problem insuring the car without it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts