Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Stinger 2020 Ember Orange
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my car was due its first service this month. Booked it in over a month ago for tomorrow (in order to be sure of a courtesy car and be serviced within guidelines) but just had a call from the dealership to say the oil filter is on back order so had to re-book for a month's time.
She said whenever something os on back order it is usually a month before they catch up.
Is this a regular thing with KIA?
Naturally I want assurance that falling out of the 6 month guideline for servicing won't affect the warranty although in reality the car is still only on 1300 miles so it will be well within mileage guidelines

But thought people might want a heads up to maybe book a little earlier than normal in future

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Mines in for it's 2nd service on Friday, they are doing the service while I wait (booked in for 8am) and they usually do mine 1st so am out of dealers by 10am, they have not said anything about waiting for parts. It's not the normal thing for KIA.

The service interval shouldn't affect your warranty as they cancelled your service (They like most manufacturers are a bit more flexible on services etc due to covid).

I think parts deliveries etc are slightly different / erratic due to Covid.

My dealers have a socially distanced waiting area for servicing but there is no vending machine service (they usually supply you with Free Tea/Coffee etc from the machines) I have been told to bring my own Drinks if I want to this time....

·
Registered
Kia Stinger 2020 Ember Orange
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting. They suggested that the problem was affecting all dealerships but maybe yours keeps a stock

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am also due a service on Friday but not had a call saying anything yet. We will see. Hopefully I don't find out when I drop the car off I have had a wasted journey!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Spares may be distributed from within the E.U. I ordered Canon printer ink. It took 38 days from with Canon blaming Belgium's paperwork for deliberately holding up goods.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I called in at my local dealership the other day and the parts problem cropped up in conversation. Apparently KIA and Hyundai do not outsource the production of spare parts for their vehicles, they manufacture everything themselves. The Covid pandemic has seriously affected their production output and, it is a global problem.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I called in at my local dealership the other day and the parts problem cropped up in conversation. Apparently KIA and Hyundai do not outsource the production of spare parts for their vehicles, they manufacture everything themselves. The Covid pandemic has seriously affected their production output and, it is a global problem.
May that’s why no-one else does OEM Kia brake pads!! 🙄

Steve, I had a major (2 year) service last week - no issues with parts mentioned.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The whole supply chain is really struggling at the moment. If stuff is coming from Europe then customs will be adding a fair old delay. Expect Kia parts come from Korea on a ship though (just guessing) and there's currently a really big shortage of containers which will probably be why parts are going out of stock here in the UK.

Brexit + Covid = bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The whole supply chain is really struggling at the moment. If stuff is coming from Europe then customs will be adding a fair old delay. Expect Kia parts come from Korea on a ship though (just guessing) and there's currently a really big shortage of containers which will probably be why parts are going out of stock here in the UK.

Brexit + Covid = bad.
Yes I had the same they rang me and said we have no oil filters in stock so had to wait a month had my service yesterday day . And now having to wait for more parts because the drivers side mirror camera is faulty keep going blank and my passenger side internal air vent has collapsed in side it’s self so there saying may take another month but the good thing is it’s under warranty

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's not just a Kia thing - try buying a graphics card (I ordered an RTX 3080 in October 2020, still waiting), Yamaha CLP 7xx digital piano, Xbox Series X, PS5, Lay-Z-Spa hot tubs, it's a perfect storm of a lack manufacturing capacity, supply chain issues, covid / Chinese New Year shutdowns, shipping capacity issues, Brexit, and rubbish weather.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As above it is an industry wide issue. One of my colleagues has a 3 series (only 2 years old) that has been with BMW for 6 weeks because they cannot get the parts and it is constantly going into limp mode and undriveable so has just been sitting there. He does 150 miles a day too so has to return to BMW every single week for a new courtesy car because he is putting too much mileage on the ones they give him. Right nightmare! Funniest part is it was with them for a month over Christmas too for the same issue. They allegedly fixed the cause and a week later in the middle of the M6, bang limp mode and nearly getting taken out by lorries as he tries to get off the motorway now that there is no hard shoulder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I'm gutted just bought the 3.3GTS, havent even seen it yet other than photos as it's nearly 200 miles away, been told that i cant collect it yet as it's waiting for it's service and oil filter is on back order :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds like I was lucky last week. Had my service and no mention of anything being in short supply.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
No Problems with my service either - In and out within 2 hours

1 - 15 of 15 Posts