Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else having grief with the radio ? picture the scenario.. get in put in key turn to click before starting all ok on radio display turn key to start position ,engine fires, starts to tickover ,you look to left and notice display for radio is black, dead,kaput etc etc turn off engine try again on comes radio after engine has started , other day tho it took 3 goes at this before i had a functioning radio! it doesnt happen all the time ,its not teperature related or time related its usually first start up after a stoppage for a few hours but not always ! any ideas or anyone had a similar experiance?

·
Registered
78 Posts
First thoughts would be a dodgy connection, either on the radio or the ignition switch feed. Other thoughts, is there a relay for the radio somewhere?

Slightly different topic - I found out that my radio has a speed-related volume control. how cool is that

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had this problem on a C`eed, I found there was a master fuse in the cabin fuse box,the only one with a yellow or red shroud on the end. If this is pulled out and in it cured the problem. Not sure if the Soul has the same set-up, worth a try.

·
Registered
183 Posts
There is a master fuse on the Soul. The handbook suggests removing it when the car is laid up so as not to discharge the battery. It is possible it's a loose fuse or poor contact, so pulling it out and then putting it back is well worth trying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts