Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Proceed with the Dual-Clutch Transmission, and started to notice what can only be described as slippage between 1st and second; The car has only covered 17000 miles, and is treated quite gently; At first I wasn't sure if I was imagining it, but the problem became more pronounced.
I book the car in for diagnosis at GWR Kia who quickly agreed the issue was present and they have ordered a clutch pack, which hopefully will be there in a day or two and will restore the car to perfection!

Has anyone else had similar problems with this issue?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I book the car in for diagnosis at GWR Kia who quickly agreed the issue was present and they have ordered a clutch pack, which hopefully will be there in a day or two and will restore the car to perfection!
That's interesting! Was there no attempt to absolve KIA from blame quoting clutches are a wear and tear item with driver abuse usually the default position when clutch replacement becomes required? Is your car still within the 2-year (I think) clutch warranty perhaps?

Keep us posted please with progress.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No issues from Kia; the dealership have been very good, GWR Kia Brentford. It took a few days for the parts to arrive, and a few more to book in as I needed a courtesy car.
I've just dropped my car off there and am currently in a 21-plate Picanto which is surprisingly nippy to drive! They expect to have my Proceed for 2/3 days, and all being well I'll be back in mine for the weekend... I'll post updates as and when!
The car was new in March 2019, and has covered only 17k up to now so they would have been rather pedantic to enforce any two year limit on the DCT clutch pack as they should last the lifespan of the car, and although I do like to give it the beans on the Autobahns in Germany, for the most part my driving style is quite relaxed.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
No issues from Kia. They expect to have my Proceed for 2/3 days, and all being well I'll be back in mine for the weekend... I'll post updates as and when!
Thanks, 'Trabant Dave', for returning with that news of progress.

Clearly, a DC gearbox shouldn't suffer clutch slip so early in its life so your dealer has responded well to the issue. Hopefully, the car will be turned around quickly and I look forward to reading here that the transmission is once again operating as it should. It's nice to hear some good news about a KIA dealer as there have been frequent stories by some, condemning many of the franchised outlets around the country.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here in Macedonia KIA dealers are best. I don't know about UK but here they have really good reputation. On the other side my friend had issue with DCT on 6 months old Audi A4 and he had to pay for new transmission. It was pricey and painfull😃

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
my friend had issue with DCT on 6 months old Audi A4 and he had to pay for new transmission.
'Pacer', possibly like myself, other readers of these pages may have a difficulty understanding why an Audi customer had to pay for a new transmission in a car only 6-months old. Surely, Audi's warranty in Macedonia would cover any transmission failure in a 6-month old vehicle?

Can you enlighten me?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Audi warranty does not cover DCT failure here and probably not even in UK. As far as I remember transmission is not covered and led lights have 6 months warranty. I was reading warranty carefully when I received offer for Audi A4. It was one of the favourites but I decided for Kia Proceed gt instead.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Audi warranty does not cover DCT failure here and probably not even in UK. As far as I remember transmission is not covered and led lights have 6 months warranty.
'Pacer', thank you for that. I'm bound to say that I find it most extraordinary that Audi can get away with not providing warranty cover in Macedonia on a major component of their cars. As for the suggestion that the same exclusion is applicable in the UK, I have a real difficulty with that but perhaps one of our members here who has experience of the Audi brand can attest to what you have encountered in your own state.

I just quickly performed a search and this link shows that there are no major exclusions in the UK:

Are there no consumer rights protected by law in Macedonia?

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,386 Posts
Audi is part of the large Volkswagen Audi Group (VAG) whose engines and gearboxes are used in VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat. Currently, in Continental Europe (Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus (Greek territory only), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia,* San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including Balearic Islands but excluding Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey) they have a 4yr/50,000 mile warranty which includes the powertrain.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mate just check mister Google and you will find it. Since 2015 Audi does not cover DCT mailfunction. You will find dozens of threads on forums about possibility of "good will" repair but it depends on market. Here my friend has A4 company car with 6 months and DCT mailfunction. It was "detected" by the Porsche service that mailfunction is a result of false use by the owner and he had to pay 7000 euros for the new DCT. There are some examples of a good will but that is rare. Check this screenshot from Audi UK forum.
Font Screenshot Parallel Multimedia Electronic device

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
That instance was over 7 years ago. Things may be very different in some other places but I cannot believe for a moment that a 6 month old UK Audi would not be repaired under warranty if the DCT became faulty.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, 'Trabant Dave', for returning with that news of progress.

Clearly, a DC gearbox shouldn't suffer clutch slip so early in its life so your dealer has responded well to the issue. Hopefully, the car will be turned around quickly and I look forward to reading here that the transmission is once again operating as it should. It's nice to hear some good news about a KIA dealer as there have been frequent stories by some, condemning many of the franchised outlets around the country.

Well, after being told 2/3 days turnaround, I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from Cristina on Service Reception that my car was complete the day after I dropped it off;
Not only was this exceptional service, they gave her a proper clean in and out, and I think a polish!
First-class work from GWR Kia Brentford, especially Cristina who was a really pleasant and helpful young lady.
I only have experienced one other dealership, and that was an equally satisfying experience - Fine Cars of Lee-on-the-Solent where I bought my car and had the first year's service done.
Compared with a number of Nissan dealers who i had experience of when I owned my skip; erm, I meant Qashqai. 73 days off the road in two miserable years.
I think that we will be getting another Kia in the future as my wife flutters her eyelids at a Stinger - in white......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts