Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On my previous car a Hyundai Kona Electric I could adjust the percentage of charge in both the A/C and D/C with a slider on the screen.
Now I own a Kia E Niro 4+. And have notice that I can only adjust the percentage of battery charge in the A/C mode. There’s no slider for adjusting the D/C battery level of charge which on my Kona I’d set to 80%.
Is this a fault that requires a dealer update or is this the case with all Kia Niro 2021.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can adjust both AC and DC on my 2020 Eniro 4
I thought that should be the case, my problem started when I downloaded the new UVO app.
on Kia’s instructions I had to de-register my car delete the old app and then re-register in order to add the car to the new app. — A lot of people have said they didn’t have this problem. — However Kia helpline told me they’d had some problems with some cars and the new app. Since re-registering my car with the new app the Speedo readings have all changed to kilometres! Same with the range. It’s also removed the ability to alter the Percentage of DC charge. All this happened when I received the new pin to link my car to the new app. I think this shows that Kia can do over the air updates of some kind. Sorry the reply is a bit protracted and thanks for the reply as I was beginning to doubt myself.

·
Super Moderator
5,435 Posts
I thought that should be the case, my problem started when I downloaded the new UVO app.
on Kia’s instructions I had to de-register my car delete the old app and then re-register in order to add the car to the new app. — A lot of people have said they didn’t have this problem. — However Kia helpline told me they’d had some problems with some cars and the new app. Since re-registering my car with the new app the Speedo readings have all changed to kilometres! Same with the range. It’s also removed the ability to alter the Percentage of DC charge. All this happened when I received the new pin to link my car to the new app. I think this shows that Kia can do over the air updates of some kind. Sorry the reply is a bit protracted and thanks for the reply as I was beginning to doubt myself.
On the KM issue. Have you ever downloaded software to the head unit?

Reactions: Wobby1

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I agree that most things can, however my wife finds the heat really overpowering these days and the app allows me to precondition the car before we use it, thats mainly all I use it for. I know I could go out to the car but then I’d have to leave it unlocked.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No not to my knowledge, I just reregister as directed by Kia over the phone. Then opened the app added my cars VIN got a code on the cars head unit put that into the app and the rest is as stated. It’s now booked into Kia Eastbourne for a fix. Very strange though?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
To change from KM to M on the app click MORE at the bottom. Then go to APP SETTINGS. It’s under there UNIT. I had same problem 😁😁

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
None of these problems are to major for me as I’ve never used a rapid charger with this car, although I did with the Hyundai Kona as for the reading in kilometre I’m use to that as we drive a motor home and use to live in the ROI. Which changed from MPH to Kilometre's
To change from KM to M on the app click MORE at the bottom. Then go to APP SETTINGS. It’s under there UNIT. I had same problem 😁😁
Hi and thanks for the input, I did what you advised a few days ago to no avail.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Wobby 1

For clarification, it it only the UVO app that gives you one charge % cap and you still have two in the car?

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed
Thanks but unfortunately in my case there is only one slider available to me on the screen in the car. My post wasn’t referring to the app other than to say that this problem seemed to appeared when I changed to the new app. the car now shows in kilometres previously MPH. In the car I can only alter the A//C charge percentage, I can’t alter the D/C charge percentage because as stated in my earlier post there is no slider. I don’t think I’ve ever rapid charged the Kia, —-Covi-19 meant we couldn’t go anywhere, —- so maybe this is a fault that’s been there from deliver. We did have a Hyundai Kona Electric, that I had rapid charged, so I’m aware how to alter the charge percentage In the car. The Niro is now booked into the Kia dealer so hopefully they can resolve the problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’ve resolved my problem, thanks to everyone I’ve now changed the car back from kilometres to MPH. In the head unit advised. As for the charge % I hadn’t realise that when the car is plugged into A/c, only the A/c slider is available. When not plugged in both A/c and D/c sliders are available, I’m sure but not certain that this wasn’t the case on the Kona Electric I had before. Feeling a bit of a twit now! 🥴 but lesson learned, and thanks to everyone 🙏🙏

·
Super Moderator
5,435 Posts
Glad it's sorted. (y)

manufactures do make anything easy.

Reactions: Wobby1
1 - 13 of 13 Posts