Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning
I am new to this forum so myapologiesif this subject has been talked about before but I have searched the forums and found nothing.

I have a 4 week old Kia Rio Domino Diesel which is a lovely little car. My previous car was a Volvo S60 D5 so it is a bit of a change.

After years of driving a Volvo with the headlights always on I now find myself at having some Audi Style Daylight Running Lights fitted to my Rio. While looking up the law regarding DRL's I noticed that the law is that all new cars sold from 7th February 2011 must have them as standard. As I bought my Rio new in April 2011 surely it should have come with them already fitted.

Have I misunderstood the law regarding this or have Kia sold me an illegal car. What I don't want to happen is in 3 years time it failing the MOT because of this.

Many thanks

Marston

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Its possible the law states that cars manufactured after 7th feb 2011 must have them fitted as standard. As you know a car sold in march 2011 could have been manufactured as far back as august 2010 and sat about in a holding yard for months. So thats why it could be the law for when a car was manufactured.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts