Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2012 Ceed just developed the known flickering DRL lights issue (2012-2018 model) on the passenger side. The car just hit 100,000 miles (100,070), and is thus out of warranty. I'd read there was a software update to fix the issue, but only for 2013 and later Ceeds, that the only fix is to replace the entire headlamp unit. Is this correct?

I've been quoted £450 for the one unit (bit expensive just to correct a flickering bulb), so just wondering are there any other methods of correcting this issue without needing to buy and replace the whole unit? I've also read the same flickering issue can occur again, and the unit may need replaced a few years down the road. Is there a more permanent fix for this issue?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hi Lee

Please be assured we still absorb the costs of the flickering DRL issue even if the cee'd is out of warranty. There would be nothing for you to pay. The issue just needs presenting to a dealer to confirm it's the known defect and we'll do the rest. The dealer may ask you to underwrite the diagnostic charge but we'd cover this if it's found to be the known defect. If the dealer's communication suggests otherwise, please PM us with the dealer name, reg and confirming if you're the registered keeper so we can follow up.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit https://www.kia.com/uk/
Follow https://twitter.com/KiaUK
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Watch www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Customer Service opening hours:

Monday to Friday: 08:30 - 19:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Lee

Please be assured we still absorb the costs of the flickering DRL issue even if the cee'd is out of warranty. There would be nothing for you to pay. The issue just needs presenting to a dealer to confirm it's the known defect and we'll do the rest. The dealer may ask you to underwrite the diagnostic charge but we'd cover this if it's found to be the known defect. If the dealer's communication suggests otherwise, please PM us with the dealer name, reg and confirming if you're the registered keeper so we can follow up.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit Discover Our Kia Range & Find A Local Dealer | Kia Motors UK

Hello...

...is this approach the same in all countries? ... i am from Croatia and the similar problem happend to me as well on Kia Ceed 2012... the first lights ive changed under the warranty in 2016 and today it happend again (4 years later), but now my car warranty is not valid anymore...

could you please advise me what to do in order to avoid buying the new lights because as far as I know, the price is really high...

Many thanks,
Andrej

·
Super Moderator
3,479 Posts
Welcome Andrej.

You may not get answer from Kia UK as they are/are going to be absent from this website for a while.
But generally each territory/country has their own rules and you will have to discuss this problem with the importer/agent for your country.
Good Luck! 😕 :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Lee

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Good morning, my daughter has just taken her 2012 Ceed in to have this fault diagnosed by my local Kia Dealer and they have just told her it is not covered by warranty. They said they would prepare a cost estimate and get back to her. Can you please confirm that your comment above remains extant. Thank you in advance of your support.

Kindest regards

Stephen Morgan

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hi Stephen

If your daughter is experiencing the same flickering issue, could she please call our team on 0333 202 2990 so we can advise the dealer how we can cover it, subject to them demonstrating the known fault.

KCS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I have a 2012 Ceed and in 2019 the passenger-side running light stopped working. My dealership replaced/repaired (I'm not sure which) under warranty because it was a known defect. I have just booked my car in for its annual service and told the dealership that the running light on the drivers side has now stopped working expecting that it, too, would be replaced/repaired under warranty because of the known defect, but I have been told that because the car is now over 7 years old I will have to pay. Reading back through this forum I believe that I have been misinformed by the dealership. What action do I need to take to ensure that the work is undertaken without cost to me as the dealership were quite forceful that I would need to pay despite me saying that I believe known defects should be fixed free of charge irrespective of the age of the car. (I have printed out the responses to other owners to show them).

Thank you

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
KIA have looked kindly on such requests in the past but they are not obliged to. Suggest that you cpntact KCS on here for their view.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hi

I have a 2012 Ceed and in 2019 the passenger-side running light stopped working. My dealership replaced/repaired (I'm not sure which) under warranty because it was a known defect. I have just booked my car in for its annual service and told the dealership that the running light on the drivers side has now stopped working expecting that it, too, would be replaced/repaired under warranty because of the known defect, but I have been told that because the car is now over 7 years old I will have to pay. Reading back through this forum I believe that I have been misinformed by the dealership. What action do I need to take to ensure that the work is undertaken without cost to me as the dealership were quite forceful that I would need to pay despite me saying that I believe known defects should be fixed free of charge irrespective of the age of the car. (I have printed out the responses to other owners to show them).

Thank you
Hi Andrea

As long as it's the same defect demonstrated by a Kia technician, we'll cover the replacement of this DRL as well but through our goodwill channel. Being out of warranty, the dealer would usually be correct to charge you but this is a known parts concern that we continue to cover. Please PM us with the dealer name, reg and confirming if you're the registered keeper so we can resolve this.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

1 - 10 of 10 Posts