Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with the last twos of nearly being taken out by idiots in others cars think its time to get my dash cams reinstalled.

Does anyone have any guides on which fuses I can tap for perm live and any good route for the rear cable to go?

Thanks

Super Moderator
Which car are we talking about? As you have a Sorento in your sig, but posted in Niro section?

Best route to rear is under roof lining. Get some trim removal tools (I paid a fiver on amazon)

Just make sure you get fuse tap the right way round, or device is not protected by fuse. Don't use perm live. You use switched or you will end up with a flat battery at some point.

Gadget Electrical wiring Bumper Automotive exterior Technology

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its for a MY22 e-Niro, will update my sig

I have a power box for my Blackvue which turns the camera off if the 12v gets to low, so can do parking alerts

Registered
I piggy-backed off the Power Outlet fuse (which is the Cig Sockets anyway) I ran my rear cable via the head liner by removing the door rubbers, and using a some cable routing rods. (not expensive) - My dashcam has an internal battery to allow for the parking feature, so doesn't need to be permanent live.

Font Material property Rectangle Office equipment Technology
Gadget Audio equipment Electronic instrument Eyewear Technology

Super Moderator
If your car does not have a sun roof (mine does) you might be able to route the cable to the back straight under the headlining from front to rear from the location of the front camera. Might need a cable router to do this.

Registered
KIA Niro 2020 HEV - DynamicPlusLine
I piggy-backed off the Power Outlet fuse (which is the Cig Sockets anyway) I ran my rear cable via the head liner by removing the door rubbers, and using a some cable routing rods. (not expensive) - My dashcam has an internal battery to allow for the parking feature, so doesn't need to be permanent live.

View attachment 15774 View attachment 15773
What's your dash cam brand and model? How long does the battery last for the parking feature?

I am searching for a good dash cam for my 2020 HEV.

Registered
What's your dash cam brand and model? How long does the battery last for the parking feature?

I am searching for a good dash cam for my 2020 HEV.
I've got a Nextbase 322GW camera, well i got the entire kit on a Blackfriday deal..(i paid 拢178 for both the Camera Pro kit and Hardwire kit)
322GW Dash Cam | Nextbase UK | Nextbase
tbh i don't know how long the battery lasts, and i don't use that feature, - my car is only really parked at company car park and home, but found the camera very easy to use, and very comprehensive in its features.

The trickiest part of the install was trying to best locate, (and attach!) the ferrite suppressor... which i didn't bother putting on the rear camera lead in the end, and doesn't seem to cause an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts