Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, I drive a 2011 Ceed 3, which the dash has
warped near the air vents. Apparently it's not covered under the 7 year guarantee
as I have just found out. The dearship answer
to it was that I was parking in direct sunlight (strange when the problem started
in the winter. Has anyone had this problem???

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would keep trying to get this done under warranty because i don't know if the the dealer knows but the earth rotates and in turn the suns position will move :) if you pester them enough it will get done!

I have seen it on other cars and a similar thing happened to my wifes old micra the steering wheel literally melted one day while sat on my drive ... had it replaced ... sat on the drive in the same spot for another 8 summers never happened again?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Same advice from me, keep at em! Also call Kia customer services. See what they have to say.For the record I'm sat in my office at work right now, which overlooks my local Kia dealership's storage compound. EVERY ONE of their brand new cars is sat in direct sunlight.

Edited by: Gary0679

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update -I have no confidence in KIa what so ever. I received a call
after my first complaint to be told that the dash was in fact covered by
warrant. Just been to the dealership for the work to be carried out only to be
told that it's not under guarantee, I have asked for the original l complaint
case to be reopened.

·
Registered
717 Posts
No excuses, this is a warranty item. I understand warranties don't cover fading due to exposure to the sun but physical deformation surely is.

I'd love to see a get out clause saying major components of a car can warp due to exposure to the sun standing up to legal scrutiny.

If you don't get any joy, write a letter detailing your complaint and what you would like to resolve the issue and the dates and actions you've taken so far to reach an amicable solution. Explain if you cannot reach the agreeable solution by 7 working days you intend to take it to the small claims court for settlement. Send it registered delivery to the dealership you purchased the car from, hopefully that's who you have been dealing with.

See if that gets some response.Edited by: monkeygibber

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Have you contacted Kia Customer Services on this forum? Their number is on their posts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am pleased to report
that the dash has now been replaced under warranty, and the issue with the dealership
at Ipswich resolved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts