Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
When I picked up my new Venga last month, I noticed that the bit of plastic trim by the the front quarterlight glass on the drivers sidethat connects to the dashboard was 'raised', as if the lugs of the trim part was resting 'on' the recieving 'female' clips therefore being raised about 5mm. and a 3 mm gap.I pointed it out to the salesman during our 'handover' of the car who promised to have it seen to by the workshop when he could get it booked in assuring us it was a 5 minute job to 'snap the bits back together'....Well it was seen by mechanic yesterday and I've been told that a new trim part must be ordered as the lower lugs on part has snapped....plus they need car for day and half as the whole dashboard must come off to fit new bit as they say it all 'interlinks'...!

I cant really really blame the dealer for this...fault...as surely this was a factory mess up...as my Venga is a new MY12 it was built in the new factory too (so much for superior quality there)...Guess they missed it on they're PDI and dealer PDI....shame really as love the car...and hope by removing the dash and refitting it that they do a good job and I now dont start getting 'rattles' that wasnt there before.

Has anyone else had any ill fitting trim issues?

·
Registered
660 Posts
nope my MY12 seems ok so far,dissapointing to hear that from the zilina production line,but i suppose they are all screwed together by us mere humans at the end of the day-good days and bad and all that....Its poor that a brand new car has to go back in for work almost immediatly after its pdi,i would have expected it to have been spotted in the pdi...James.

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just as an update....I've chased up the part I need to finally sort the dash trim and apparently the part now has a part number...sadly though its a months wait for the supplier to supply one to KIA!...I suggested they simply phoned the factory in Slovakia to send one as they make Vengas all day and must have a stillage full of them, but was told it don't work that way...I'm the customer and thinks it seems a good idea or how about taking one off a Venga in their dealership to keep their customer happy...Come on KIA....make the effort, its your mess up the dash is broken not mine!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yeah its a bit crap isnt it,politics getting in the way of common sense,and thus poor business efficiency.Stick a lump of duct tape over it for now??
James.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hi Uvox,
Just wondering if the carrier pidgeon/Stork has flown the piece of trim over for you yet?
Surely must be somewhere over France by now??
James.

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not fitted yet...thankfully its a 7 year warranty lol...
Paul

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you believe, after picking up my new Venga with the faulty dash trim its arrived and being fitted this coming Friday. I'm told the dash had got to be taken off and the side glass too to allow access...let's hope after putting it back together there's no bouts left over and no rattles....if there are they will find it parked across their showroom entrance doors!
Oh...part ordered 17/1....being fitted 30/3...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Taking the dash out or even the quater glassto replace the trim is utter codswallop. Its a very simple job would take around 5 mins, Trust me ask James.. he knows my word is gospel!!.As for having to wait for a superficial part to be replaced its not too drastic is it. If it was something detrementle then I would understand.

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Mr Kia,
Thank you for your comment but I am only repeating what Kia themselves have told my local Kia dealer on how to replace the part and given them a 7 hour fit time. I agree that the part is not a critical component however for a 16 grand car I expect it right and not have to wait months for a part!

·
Registered
660 Posts
It is disappointing to see a brand new car going back in for issues that should have been picked up in the pdi.
My last venga has a binding rear brake for goodness sake,and as i am a 200 mile round trip from nearest dealership and cant afford to run back and forth every week.

James.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Its more likely that the noise would not be apparent until a prolonged drive as the car would have only done no more than about 5 miles since leaving the factory and it would have taken time for the plastic to wear through the paint on the dash loactors (thats the problem by the way)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Im not doubting what you have said, Im just doubting the seemingly clueless dealer. Unfortunatly the parts situation is common on aot of new car parts not only KIA. Until a part is needed, no stock is kept in the UK and possibly not europe, otherwise they would need alot bigger warehouses and ultimatly drive up the cost of parts to pay for the extra space.

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Mr Kia,
It's actually the dash bit with the side window vent holes in it that connects to the main dash. Apparently the lugs have snapped on the dash end...it was like this on delivery and one part was raised about 10 mm higher then the other plus there was a 10mm gap....there was yellow crayon marks by it so
assumed someone had noticed it at factory but it somehow got through its pdi.

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your right too about the part...its a part that's never been ordered before let alone fitted by my dealer...they had to create a part number for it.

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I forgot to say Mr Kia, the fault was more visual being by the drivers view...the rattle I have had the past two months is after Kia in Cardiff took the dash off to identify the part they needed and not put it back on properly.
Paul

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, its in the dealer today having the dash part fitted after the factory got the bit off the production line stock and sent it over here..picking the car up at 5pm...let's see if it was the right part this time and if they put the dashboard on properly this time....
Paul

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, got my car back....all fixed and have a flush fitting dashboard at last...just as Mr Shryer the Kia head designer intended....also no dash rattle...don't need to have the radio so loud now....happy days.
Paul...Venga 3 Auto...Phantom Black...that does not rattle...

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey James,
Could sort the bad rattling in your car too...but it would involve taking your engine out and putting a quiet petrol one in lol.
Paul...

·
Registered
660 Posts
I dont mind that rattle,its quieter than your dash was, i could here it from up here!

It lets me know its running,you cant tell otherwise, Glad your dash is fixed,thats another venga kia can add to their list as 'working fine'.
They must be in double figures by now??
James

1 - 20 of 22 Posts