Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Sportage 1.7D GSE for two weeks now and really love it.

A word of caution though....take care when cleaning the dashboard.

I used a soft microfiber cloth just to wipe the dust off it and it has left nasty streaks all over it that I haven't yet been able to remove.

I tried Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner to remove them with a different (softer) cloth but it hasn't made any difference. They're pretty ugly.

Anyone have any suggestions for a product that might do the job?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I wonder what's causing the streaks - possibly some sort of spray that's been put on by the dealer when preping the car? Personally, I'd try a bit of clean warm water applied with a wrung-out cloth then wiped over with a dry microfibre cloth to see what happens - best tested on a small part of the dash first.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Blow-In,

Thanks, I'll give that a try and see what happens

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Auto Glym Vinyl and Rubber with a Meguiars sponge applicator pad did the trick

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ive just been to the local hand wash guys, they did the dash & door cards - what a streaky mess, tried several products and ended up using Back to Black spray, not perfect but better than it was.

/P

·
Registered
614 Posts
Try Blue Pledge, used it on the old car & this one, streak free finish when used with a microfibre cloth.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I too have experienced all of the problems detailed above using either polises or wipes.
For the last 10 years I have resorted to a wipe over with pure clean warm water and wiped dry............always looks like new

1 - 8 of 8 Posts